Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

(Topic created on: 16-06-2017 09:41 PM)
GaryC24
First Poster
Options

S8+ stopped getting mail from iCloud account. Followed setup for email. Even factory reset mobile. Still get message cannot connect to imap server. Any ideas for a fix?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Whippy
First Poster
Options

Can anyone help, my icould email address stopped working. It has been fine since I got my Galaxy s7 edge at the start of this year but literally 2 days ago it just stopped working altogether saying 'authentication failed'.

I don't have the 2 step authentication enabled on my apple/icloud account.

I did manage to get it working yesterday using some directions from others regarding the incoming and outgoing mail servers (changed them both to SSL all and changing the ports to 993 and 587). It worked for a few hours before the same problem happened.

Did samsung do an update recently that might cause this?

I still have over 3GB in storage space on my icloud account.

I really need to be able to access my emails as I am about to go overseas! HELP!

0 Likes
Whippy
First Poster
Options
Me too and from what I've been reading, so have a number of others.
If you find the answer, post it up. I'm going to call Samsung tomorrow and try to get it resolved. This is ridiculous
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

Had it confirmed that this is to do with Apple changing their security policy regarding their iCloud email accounts. They now need to have the 2-step verification enabled, and an app-specifc password to be able to access and retrieve emails. 

(@Whippy I've merged your other thread with this one to keep the topic in one place for you all - apologies if the thread doesn't read right because of this. :smileyembarrassed:)

0 Likes
Andrewb019
First Poster
Options

Is there a way of getting it to work on s7? This happened to my icloud email on friday. 

I can log in via google chrome and putting it into desktop version from my s7. 

I can't really do much saying that....does'nt respond well at all when trying to read or delete a email etc.

Thanks

0 Likes