Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRG9 not waking from sleep mode

(Topic created on: 16-07-2020 03:47 PM)
Ne0n
Apprentice
Options

I've had this monitor for 3 weeks, and when windows puts the display to 'sleep' the monitor won't wake it flashes on with 'Display port 2' (which my pc is connected to, and i have to press the power button on the monitor to bring it back, why is this happening?

39 REPLIES 39
Neo_73
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

It may be a compatibility/handshaking issue between the PC and the monitor's HDMI or DisplayPort connection.

On the monitor, try go into the menu setting, go into system, check DisplayPort Version or HDMI Mode and change the settings. e.g. if currently on HDMI 1.4, change to HDMI 2.0. If currently on DisplayPort 1.1, change to DisplayPort 1.2.

zach7898
First Poster
Options

That did it for me! Thanks so much.

Neo_73
Apprentice
Options

No worries. I'm pleased to have been able to help.

0 Likes
higherfidelity
Apprentice
Options

Solution does not work for me.

dee17
Student
Options

Did anyone ever find a solution to this?

I have a CH890 Samsung monitor, it was working just fine the first month or two, now suddenly it won't wake up after my computer sleeps. I tried resetting all factory monitor settings, changed the DP version from 1.2 to 1.1 and back, nothing works, and nothing was changed on the computer or monitor when it just randomly started this behavior. When the computer comes back on, the blue button on the monitor is blinking slowly, it shows "USB-c" in the top left (which is the port I am using), but the screen is just blank. Please let me know if anyone found another solution as this is infuriating. 

Thanks!

tkmmsalex
First Poster
Options

Not sure why this is marked "Solved" it's obvious a ton of us who own these have this issue.  Just picked up a CRG9 Yesterday.  I've tried the switching display port versions along with other things and no luck.  A quick google search on these "not waking up" it's again obvious this is not solved. 

thedmz
Student
Options

Late 2021 and the problem still persists.

I ended up having my screensaver not turn off the display after a while and that worked until my last reboot now it isn't seen by the monitor!

I'll try firmware but doubt that will fix it based on the last 2 years seeing the same complaint a lot.  Also it's impossible to upgrade firmware unless you run windows which I don't so I'll have to go get a copy of windows, and build a machine just to upgrade the firmware.  

Samsung - I'm having problems with this very expensive monitor, been having problems with my S20 (verizon insurance is replacing it but also seems like a manufacturing problem) and my semi new titanium watch already has a defect in the band.

What's happened with samsung?!? At one point you were giving apple a run for their money, now it seems all I hear about this company are customers complaining that your products aren't working and crickets from the company.  Customer support and product Q&A are falling apart.  We just want our products to work and had hoped a global brand like samsung would have some support options!

0 Likes
dee17
Student
Options

Just an update— I found a Reddit article that said switching from a surge protector to a non-surge protector power source magically seemed to fix their issue. I was doubtful this would have any impact— switched surge protectors — as expected, no change. Switched back to the first one I had been using and miraculously… it was fixed!
I had previously tried unplugging/restarting with no improvement but maybe leaving it unplugged for the slightly longer time it took to switch outlets helped? No idea otherwise why this worked but it did, so I’m not going to question it. 
It’s a long shot, but maybe give it a try!

0 Likes
alexiaandrafal
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, firmware: 1007.2

The only way to wake up the monitor is turn off turn on using power button, or main switch in surge protection. Combination of any other monitor settings, or switching from surge protection to non surge protection fixes nothing.

@Samsung I am wondering why this topic is solved? Does it mean that the problem is hardware and there is no solution?

0 Likes
markimusprime
Student
Options

Having the same problem, Got monitor a week or two ago and it goes to sleep and will not wake up.  Plugged into DP2 with an RTX 3090, drivers are updated.  Only way to get monitor to come back on is to fully power it off and power it back on.  

0 Likes