Did you mean: 

Original topic:

CANNOT UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11

(Topic created on: 06-06-2022 11:17 PM)
Ritchie53
Apprentice
Options
Computers & IT

My laptop is not able to upgrade itself to Windows 11 because a driver "Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST) Audio Controller" needs to be upgraded to either 10.30.00.5714 and later or 10.29.00.5714 and later.  I have a new (Dec. 2021) Galaxy Book Pro laptop.

It is advised that I contact my OEM (ie Samsung) for the required Driver Update.

Anyone any clues as to what to do?  Samsung don't want you to contact them direct for technical help - beginning to wish I have bought another make .....

Come on Samsung, how about a little help and advice here ?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Computers & IT
Open device manager, disable the audio controller. After upgrading re-enable it and then run Windows update to check for newer drivers. It's a known issue with Intel audio that also affected people upgrading from W8 to W10 previously.
Ksmy89
Helping Hand
Options
Computers & IT
You can download an Intel driver assistant and also Samsung Update app from Windows store, hopefully one of those should pick it up for you.
0 Likes
Ritchie53
Apprentice
Options
Computers & IT

Thanks Ksmy89 ! I had already downloaded the Intel Driver Assistant, and I find that I have 

• Version10.29.0.7082 dated  1/20/2022

installed.  So - this may well do the trick.

Any other thoughts before I go down the Windows 11 upgade .....

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Helping Hand
Options
Computers & IT
Have you now been able to upgrade to Windows 11?
0 Likes
Ritchie53
Apprentice
Options
Computers & IT

Not yet - guaging some feedback on Windows 11 and maybe wait a little longer for any bugs to get ironed out. Feedback very mixed at present but at least it looks like I can do it when I need to. Thanks for your help in this so far.

Samsung really are a pile of excrement when it comes to devolving any resposibility or help for us users ..... are you reading this, Samsung ?

0 Likes