Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 10:39 AM)
Ritchie53
Journeyman
Options

My laptop is not able to upgrade itself to Windows 11 because a driver "Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST) Audio Controller" needs to be upgraded to either 10.30.00.5714 and later or 10.29.00.5714 and later.  I have a new (Dec. 2021) Galaxy Book Pro laptop.

It is advised that I contact my OEM (ie Samsung) for the required Driver Update.

Anyone any clues as to what to do?  Samsung don't want you to contact them direct for technical help - beginning to wish I have bought another make .....

Come on Samsung, how about a little help and advice here ?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Open device manager, disable the audio controller. After upgrading re-enable it and then run Windows update to check for newer drivers. It's a known issue with Intel audio that also affected people upgrading from W8 to W10 previously.
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
You can download an Intel driver assistant and also Samsung Update app from Windows store, hopefully one of those should pick it up for you.
0 Likes
Ritchie53
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Ksmy89 ! I had already downloaded the Intel Driver Assistant, and I find that I have 

• Version10.29.0.7082 dated  1/20/2022

installed.  So - this may well do the trick.

Any other thoughts before I go down the Windows 11 upgade .....

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you now been able to upgrade to Windows 11?
0 Likes
Ritchie53
Journeyman
Options

Not yet - guaging some feedback on Windows 11 and maybe wait a little longer for any bugs to get ironed out. Feedback very mixed at present but at least it looks like I can do it when I need to. Thanks for your help in this so far.

Samsung really are a pile of excrement when it comes to devolving any resposibility or help for us users ..... are you reading this, Samsung ?

0 Likes