Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

49" G95SC Odyssey OLED

(Topic created on: 01-01-2024 11:51 AM)
waynebaal
Apprentice
Options

When my PC has a problem and/or I need to go into Safe Mode the monitor does not display an image, saying that the resolution is not supported.  I have used DP and HDMI connections to no avail.  I have to continually connect up a second monitor in order to troubleshoot.  If this is something that can be resolved, then great :).  If not, and I would have known this beforehand, I would NEVER have bought this monitor!  Can anybody help?

2 REPLIES 2
Members_ULVESVJ
First Poster
Options

Yess well, that's quite annoying. Did you happen to reinstall windows before getting this issue? From what you said, it can be a million things. Are your cables good and certified or are you using the included ones. It can be a cable issue. In my case I reinstalled windows and for some unknown reason I can't go past 120hz with a 3080ti all supporting latest hdmi standart. I refuse to go PD since I want to get 12bit color...

waynebaal
Apprentice
Options

Hi.  I have reinstalled Windows a couple of times since buying this monitor.  It just refuses to display any screen other than the 'fully initialised' one!  I bought a 10" portable monitor that I have connected via HDMI and  it works a treat.  If I hit 'DEL' to enter BIOS whilst using the G95SC, I just see the Samsung countdown page as it prepares to go into standby due to 'No Signal' being received!  Very annoying.  This monitor is totally impractical as a PC monitor if you need to change BIOS settings.

Also, regarding your issue with 120Hz....I'm pretty sure that using HDMI will limit you to 120Hz.  That's why I use Display Port in order to get 240Hz.  Hope that helps :smiling-face:

0 Likes