Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

27" Odyssey G7 - DisplayPort Issues

(Topic created on: 11-08-2022 10:30 PM)
ColdWynter
Student
Options

Just wondering if anyone has issues with the G7 and connections via DisplayPort, as all I'm getting is a black screen ( HDMI works fine ).  I've tried the supplied cable, and a USB-C -> DisplayPort ( both v1.4 ), and the result is the same for  both.  I've connected it to a couple of MacBooks, a Lenovo, and an iPad.  All of them detect the screen, and seem to think they're sending output, but the screen remains black ( oddly, even the coloured lighting goes off ).

Oddly, when connected via DisplayPort, the OSD is extremely limited, the only options I have, are for the OSD, and for resetting the monitor. 

I'm on firmware 1005.2, if that makes a difference.

42 REPLIES 42
pznpzn
First Poster
Options

Hi,
Let me share my experience (G7 32, firmware 1011.0)
For me it's mostly about the cable and high refresh rates: one $20 usbC - DP completely didn't work for two laptops (no signal), another one, $20 CableMa****s (I'm not affiliated with this brand) works fine for both laptops, including the automatic turnon of the monitor.  PC/AV mode: PC, DP ver: 1.2
At the same time i have exactly the same issue as described by the topicstarter with my $20 HDMi-HDMi. 
So guys, buy a few cables and try them one by one.
Sadly Samsung doesn't provide good support and we have to experiment by ourselves : / 

0 Likes
SeanTQ
Apprentice
Options

You have to be kidding me!

I just thought I'd do a cursory Google thinking I was a lone wolf and got unlucky with a dodgy new display. I have exactly the same problem I can use HDMI no problem but Displayport 1*& 2 is just a black screen. Use the HDMI to my Xbox no problem. Hooked it up to HDMI so I could check that windows was up-to-date and the latest RTX 370 drivers are working which they are. I just thought I'd bought it Dead on arrival DisplayPort cable. First cable that went back to Amazon and an even more expensive one delivers the same results. Admittedly I have the 32-inch display, not the 27. I have the latest firmware after checking. Going to read through this very long thread and hopefully get a solution. Come on Samsung this is clearly a big problem.

0 Likes
SeanTQ
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I found that was also bizarrely not switched on by default. However, that's not fixed the overall problem on my monitor. Still getting nothing out of either display ports with latest RTX drivers and firmware on the monitor

0 Likes
SeanTQ
Apprentice
Options

Tried the Cable Matters brand of display port cable in desperation sadly didn't work for me.

Going to hook P.C up to another monitor with this cable and if it works on that it's RMA time. Will ask for money back because clearly this isn't a small problem this monitor is flawed 😪

0 Likes
SeanTQ
Apprentice
Options

Okay, Mia culpa I've been directed to a Windows driver by a lovely support man that after installation now means that I get a signal from the PC now. However, I'm still having to manually switch between HDMI and Display port which normally would not be the end of the world were it not for disability meaning I have very little hand dexterity. Manual states that auto switching between inputs is only available in some countries? Really.

0 Likes
Members_7naoVu9
Student
Options

My both DP also not working. Only HDMI is OK. But when I connect HDMI cable to GPU the both DP is working. So temporary solution form me is to connect HDMI and DP cable to GPU and disable in nvidia panel monitor on HDMI output. Then DP is working fine on 240hz. HDMI is max 144hz.

0 Likes
Members_7naoVu9
Student
Options

My both DP also not working. Only HDMI is OK. But when I connect HDMI cable to GPU the both DP is working. So temporary solution for me is to connect HDMI and DP cable to GPU and disable monitor on HDMI output. Then DP is working fine on 240hz. HDMI is max 144hz. I still have a guarantee so I'll use it.

gunpowder
Journeyman
Options

Sadly this is not available on the Neo G7 43". But the problem persists on this model nonetheless.

0 Likes
MigueljC
Journeyman
Options

Well, It's seen than still having the same problems  I'm under Firmware V.1444 and when the pc pass to standby because inactivity, well the displayport is dead and you have to turn off the monitor wait at less 60 seconds and then turn on the monitor, some times change the brightness. My monitors are two Samsung Odyssey G7 LS28BG700EPXEN 28 on RTX4090 ROG strix both with just a weeks old... and you can see more than one year problem and still selling them

0 Likes
MigueljC
Journeyman
Options

Well, It's seen than still having the same problems  I'm under Firmware V.1444 and when the pc pass to standby because inactivity, well the displayport is dead and you have to turn off the monitor wait at less 60 seconds and then turn on the monitor, some times change the brightness. My monitors are two Samsung Odyssey G7 LS28BG700EPXEN 28 on RTX4090 ROG strix both with just a weeks old... and you can see more than one year problem and still selling them

0 Likes