Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 26-10-2019 05:39 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options

But you're missing the case of an Xbox One X used with an LG OLED 2019 TV. Both are compatible with VRR and ALLM so the Xbox needs to be connected to the TV and Xbox has an Atmos compatibility and even some games have Atmos audio. So in that specific case, eARC is best ! and end 2020 next gen console will arrive and increase this need !

0 Likes
_oSo_
Navigator
Options

With CES less than a week away I lost all hope about an eARC update on 2019 Samsung TVs and soundbars. Samsung is about to lunch it's new 2020 lineup and most likely they will have eARC and maybe even HDMI 2.1. LG had already launch the new 2020 soundbars and one of them seem the be really good with all the features we have been expecting from the Samsung high end model. So far this seem to be the best new soundbar for 2020 and for those interested in reading a bit about it here is the link https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2019/12/27/lg-reveals-new-soundbars-for...

Dor those of you who are still in the market for a great soundbar I'll say just wait a bit. My actual experience with Samsung has been a disappointment, I bought both, the Samsung QLED Q90 tv and the Samsung Q90R soundbar. Both top of the Leone products and suppose to be the perfect pair but reality is that it's not the case. And too late I came to realize that I should have gone with another brand as Samsung tricked everyone (customers and tech reviewers) on a so much expected update that never happened. Not sure if I'll ever come back to Samsung after this but for those who are still in the look of a saojndbar or tv consider wisely And don't go just by promises on future updates on a product that's is top of the line and expensive as the QLED Q90r tv and the HW Q90R soundbar 

Yonisos
First Poster
Options

@abc123xyz wrote:

@NatFlenders wrote:

My Nvidia Shield TV 2019 defenitely passes through Dolby Vision to my LG Oled B6. This just works.

I'm starting to think it's the soundbar and my TV not playing nice together. I'll have to make some calls to Panasonic support.

I have same kind of issue. I am not able to passtrough DV content to my Philips 854 TV when m'y NVIDIA Shield 19' IS connected to the soundbar.

Work well when it is directly connected to the TV.

0 Likes
Bossie80
First Poster
Options

Steve Withers??? Any update???

0 Likes
Soumil
Student
Options
Steve Withers has probably received a free Q90R soundbar with customised earc update just for him, courtesy Samsung
0 Likes
brump3
Apprentice
Options

Samsung has released the new soundbar for 2020.

Top of line:

HW-Q950T 9.1.4

HW-Q900T 7.1.2

HW-Q800T 3.1.2

All with earc.

Now II wan to know when they will finally make the earc update available to owners of the HW-Q80R and HW-Q90R. I think if they don't make this update available we should come together and set up a group to charge an urgent position from Samsung whether or not they will deliver on what they promised

0 Likes
White_Turbo
Journeyman
Options

Did they confirm the new 2020 soundbars will have eARC?  If so, they really messed up by keep informing people an eARC update will be pushed to the 2019 models.

0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options
Where did you find this info?
0 Likes
Lovegolf
First Poster
Options

@brump3 wrote:

Samsung has released the new soundbar for 2020.

Top of line:

HW-Q950T 9.1.4

HW-Q900T 7.1.2

HW-Q800T 3.1.2

All with earc.

Now II wan to know when they will finally make the earc update available to owners of the HW-Q80R and HW-Q90R. I think if they don't make this update available we should come together and set up a group to charge an urgent position from Samsung whether or not they will deliver on what they promised

I believe the first two on your list are TVs, not soundbars. 

0 Likes