Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 30-09-2020 02:09 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Harlequin66
Explorer
Options

There isn't a firmware update to enable it. eARC requires hardware to allow it to work which does not exist in the sound bar unfortunately.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

The soundbar did come put with eArc firmware update. You need to directly plug into soundbar itself.  My Xbox one X is directly into soundbar and plays Dolby Atmos.

storkmusic
Explorer
Options

That is correct. The 2019 q70, q80 and q90 sound bars received a firmware update from Samsung to enable eARC. My 2018 Pioneer AVreceiver has received a firmware update from parent company Onkyo to enable eARC. SAMSUNG HAS PROMISED AN eARC FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE 2019 QLED TVs but has not provided it so far. So Samsung 2019 sound bars are compatible with Sony and LG TVs but not their own??? Looks like it's time for a Sony tv.

ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

I'm completely disgusted by this eARC mess with the Q90R TV.

One thing is sure, I'm never going to buy a Samsung product again if they don't release the update we were told about. Enough great alternatives are available to switch brand loyalty.

_oSo_
Navigator
Options

Months if not years of discussing this topic and @storkmusic couldn’t have said it more simple.  A company that makes 2 products that should work together and named with the same model designation to market it as a duo and yet their are not fully compatible. And to make it worst from a marketing point of view one of the products works better with devices from other manufacturers (Samsung soundbar + other brand tv with eARC). 
At this point anyone who still has hopes of the q90r tv to have that eARC firmware upgrade should forget about this and as did learn this lesson so costly provided by Samsung. I won’t forget this lesson as I still have about 6 more months of monthly payments for buying this 2 devices. 

But never again my friends from Samsung. No matter how much the company hires people in this chat to defend and or excuse Samsung behavior. 

zutanoz
Apprentice
Options

Im very disappointing that Samsung has failed to make the Q90 TV eARC compatible with their own Q90 soundbar which  I bought together.  The issues with the TV such as eARC, sound delay issues and ghosting when watching things like F1 racing is bad, would make me probably go for a Sony TV next time.

Hipis_1
Explorer
Options

Still no eARC update? WTF? Samsung has nice Q series but no IQ ... I was trying to find good reason to buy 2020 (Q80T) or 2019 (Q90R) Samsung model but no eARC in 2019 and no Dolby Vision in 2019 and 2020. Not to mention fewer dimming zones in 2020.

Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Also no eARC for flagship Q900R for now...in last update 1003.4 version, only new is "term of use", something like that... So sad...

OCB  SOC2001R

65Q900RATXXH (TV)

Soundbar Q90R 

denodan
Navigator
Options

Earn, no big deal have it on my Xbox 1 and that does Dolby atmos stright through soundbar, so getting atmos, atmos through tv speakers will be ***** anyway, so why thr concern as you should be going through a seprate sound system anyway to get decent sound.

Dolby vision is far overrated and adds little to the table. Have no regrets buying the q90R tv and soundbar. EArc on a tv with cral speakers makes no sense, and nothing broadcasts in atmos anyway, even Netflix is only 5.1 atmos anyway and not even the best, so no big deal having it on a tv. Dolby Vision, so what? Have seen hdr and dolby vision side by side on you tube and in real life and unless you really look wont notice much difference 

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

I dont give a d....  for getting or not for my Q900R Dolby Vision,really... Only I want to get eARC (and in sound settings in my Q900R , we have original factory sound mode DD and DD+),to get with original settings,get new settings like DolbyTrueHD or Dolby Atmos in sound settings in Q900R...that is all I really want in my Q900R !!!!  🙈

65Q900RATXXH (TV)

OCB  SOC2001R

Soundbar Q90R

......sorry for my English,hi from Croatia... 😋 ......