Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 04/05/20 10:21)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

0 Likes
864 REPLIES 864
MMIX
Helping Hand
Options
Audio & Video

I have the HW-Q80r, but all 2019 Soundbars have received the update. Your HW-Q70r is now officially eARC ready just like HW-Q80r and HW-Q90r. 

Alvaro_Chile
Just Browsing
Options
Audio & Video
Excelent man!!.... Greatings from Chile...I update my bar... Yeah!
0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Anyone tested Netflix on LG C9? I hope the lipsync issues are gone and maybe better audio quality?

0 Likes
Mike_kr
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

@jobean wrote:

Anyone tested Netflix on LG C9? I hope the lipsync issues are gone and maybe better audio quality?

I tested this on LG C9 and lipsync issues are gone on Netflix.

0 Likes
jga_182
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

@MMIX wrote:

I have the HW-Q80r, but all 2019 Soundbars have received the update. Your HW-Q70r is now officially eARC ready just like HW-Q80r and HW-Q90r. 

Great! Hopefully tu Q90r TV update is coming soon. It has no sense that they update de soundbar and not de TV.

jobean
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

@Mike_kr wrote:

@jobean wrote:

Nice! Does this mean the Atmos is also not lossy anymore from Netflix? Or do they only stream lossy Atmos?

0 Likes
Blib
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

Only lossy unfortunately 

0 Likes
Mike_kr
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

@jobean wrote:

@Mike_kr wrote:

@jobean wrote:

Nice! Does this mean the Atmos is also not lossy anymore from Netflix? Or do they only stream lossy Atmos?

It's still lossy and this will not change.

0 Likes
NatFlenders
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

Is that manual update on the sub and rear speakers really needed again?

I guess many normal users will never do that...

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

What source do you guys use to get the best audio from the soundbar? Nvidia shield? Blueray player? Something else?

0 Likes