Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume number not showing

(Topic created on: 20-03-2023 05:41 AM)
WholemealBean
First Poster
Options

image.jpgI recently got a new sound bar. It connects fine with no issues and I can control the volume with the Samsung remote but I no longer have a number for the volume, only a plus / minus when I move the volume up and down. Is there anyway to have the numbers appear?

27 REPLIES 27
Haiko1
Pioneer
Options

I have a Samsung TV and my old Sony G700 soundbar was showing the volume number. 

But my Samsung Q900T soundbar isn't showing the volume number. 

Why can't Samsung doing this with their own product? 

IMG_20210107_105308.jpg

0 Likes
Courtney39
Student
Options

I was also frustrated by this when I purchased my soundbar last Summer. Then, suddenly in Fall, Samsung sent an update to my TV, and the numbers began appearing on my screen again. Yesterday, my soundbar suddenly disconnected from my TV. When I  turned it on again, the volume numbers disappeared again. Sooooo frustrating! I spent an hour chatting with Samsung and received no help.

zkzk
Student
Options

I would like to emphasize that this is both visual and performance issue. I had this a couple months back with my Q60T tv and HW-T450 soundbar, couldn’t fix it no matter what I’ve tried. Volume numbers suddenly disappeared. After a while, when I turned on my tv the volume numbers were there again. So same thing happened now and numbers are disappeared, it’s just plus and minus. It is extremely frustrating, you can’t turn up or down the volume smoothly since the response time is so poor compared to before. [Somehow solved, read next comment maybe it helps.]

zkzk
Student
Options

[Long story short, connect soundbar via bluetooth and switch it back to optical.]

Okay, after some trial and error I think I kind of figured this thing out. For those of you out there still having this issue, try this and maybe it helps. First I updated soundbar firmware via usb drive, I have no idea if this made any difference at all. Then I connected the soundbar to the tv using bluetooth, the numbers appeared on the screen here but it was still connected via bluetooth which is not optimal. So I switched audio back to optical from the tv audio settings menu. Now it is connected via optical and I can see volume numbers, can turn up and down as smooth as before.

Nag2
First Poster
Options

16665344024651916902709361374471.jpg

 iam also having same issue pease help me. 

eddant
First Poster
Options

I also have the problem, only see the + and -.  My sound bar is sonos beam connected with HDMI arc.  Worked fine on 5 year old tcl Roku tv.  Volume level displays when no sound bar attached, but doesn't with sound bar?!!

0 Likes
Graham17
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with a QE50QN90BA bought new for Christmas. Its software has been fully updated, but no numbers are displayed for volume when connected to a sound bar via HDMI-CEC. Reading this thread it seems to be a known TV software problem, which is very disappointing for a so-called ‘Smart’ TV. Please fix this fault Samsung.

Slavaz777
First Poster
Options

I have absolutely the same problem hope Samsung will solve this issue soon.

0 Likes
birkiki
Journeyman
Options

Hello. I have a QN95B and the exact same thing happens. It does not show numbers when raising-lowering volume. An urgent solution, please.
Greetings.

0 Likes