Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The HW-Q950T does not support Atmos in games either via direct connection or via eARC.

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 09:43 PM)
PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

Hello, the title says it all.

I have an HW-Q950T. I have tested this also in my HW-N950 and a friend's HW-Q90R, on the same equipment.

Connecting my GTX 1070 directly to the HDMI 1 of the bar, I do not get Dolby Atmos in any Windows Atmos game I have tested (and they all worked fine with the HW-N950 and the HW-Q90R).

Windows Spatial Audio uses Dolby MAT, which is height metadata over multichannel PCM.

This 1.500 euro soundbar does not support multi-channel PCM, and it is therefore impossible to get Atmos in Windows games.

When connected via eARC, if the TV does a passthrough, the TV recognizes Atmos just fine, but the soundbar either will not play Atmos, or nothing at all. The only way to get Atmos is to connect via eARC and have my TV transcode which induces delay.

This is terrible. You are advertising the surround capability of this bar with game consoles and even claim HDMI 2.1!!!

The thing below says to enjoy surround sound with the Xbox and the Switch. The Switch can only work with Stereo with this bar and the Xbox cannot send Atmos game content to it.

PrMinisterGR_0-1603013033142.png

This is where it claims to have HDMI 2.1

PrMinisterGR_1-1603013120593.png

Please report this to your engineering team. It's a disgrace. Models from three years ago could do this.

22 REPLIES 22
PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

Any more word on this? Yes, I am bumping it up. Please give us a coherent answer.

GeorgePrice
Student
Options

Also adding another bump. There is something not right with this bar.

I bought it to replace a q70r which performed excellently with my xbox one x.

But the q950t is a nightmare.

First, the autoswitch to game mode - is there a way to stop this other than turning the TV off of game mode?? 

The worst bit, if you select atmos or dts:x in the menus it works fine there but as soon as you load up certain games it goes silent as if it doesn't recognise there is audio.

Only when I change the sound mode (is this right? Q70r didn't let me change mode on atmos?) to surround does it come back, only it appears to come back in stereo form.

Infuriating as it's such a good sounding bar but some awful faults that have me telling people to stay away until they are fixed.

Please Samsung, fix this bar! 

Eric72593
Student
Options

Same issues here.   Where is the update samsung!!

0 Likes
RobaloAmigo
Explorer
Options

People, just go straight forward to Samsung Support. I already did.

Yushiro
Explorer
Options

I've been having the hw q950t sound bar for 29 days and i have till 60 days to return it back, the main reason i bought this bar is to play xbox series x and now it doesn't support dolby atmos trought eARC when they say it has 2.1 and earc dolby atmos, is just illegal advertising, if they don't reply anything by this week i will return this bar back and they will hear me on every single game forum about their product

Yushiro
Explorer
Options

They could add it to it if they wanted to, because sonos arc and sony ht-zf9 did it by software update...

0 Likes
Haiko1
Pioneer
Options

Yes, would be possible. But obviously Samsung isn't taking care about their products nor about their customers 😞

0 Likes
Yushiro
Explorer
Options

Sadly i will return back my bar on monday and i will get the lg SN11RG

Haiko1
Pioneer
Options

Good luck, I read a lot about the issues this soundbar has too. There seems to be no really faultless alternative. 

0 Likes
Yushiro
Explorer
Options

Don't tell me that 🥵 so what we spose to do then wait and see how they play with our money

0 Likes