Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 28-12-2018 06:26 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

Go to solution
285 REPLIES 285
xaman
First Poster
Options
I have connected my HW-J6000 through HDMI-ARC volume can be controlled with the TV remote, or apple TV remote. With optical cable Volume is only changing with the Soundbar remote.
0 Likes
Peterj12
First Poster
Options

Hi i have samsung 55 inch uhd and a k335 sound bar only just bought a week ago . ive connected with blue tooth followed all instrutions but after a few days they both turn off togehter but then the sound bar turns back on after a few seconds so have to turn off, then it wont turn on with tv . Not had any samsung stuff before and ive read a few threads but is there a way to sort this out?no problems with conection to tv or sound. Ive reset tv and sound bar and disconected the power but no change?.

0 Likes
xaman
First Poster
Options

Peter, I don´t know that soundbar, but they need to be paired and the bar has to be in source "TV". If that soundbar is like mine.

0 Likes
Peterj12
First Poster
Options

Thankyou for your reply, i have liked them togeather through bluetooth evrything works fine. ive turned on power with bluetooth read all instructions and the  tv and sky remote also work the sound bar. The only thing is when i turn everything off with any off the controls even the sound bar one itself after about 10 seconds the sound bar turns back on and when it either shuts down because nothing conected to ut or i turn it off again with control it will not turn on with tv i have to turn it on??? it did not do this for the first week it was fine then it has just started??.

0 Likes
Sh0gan
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I know this is old now, although I had the same issue, and just in case anyone else does to solve it you (works when connected by Sound Connect), need to power off your sound bar and press the F. button for 5 seconds, either Bluetooth Power On or Bluetooth Power Off will be displayed set it to on, page 16 of the manual under Functions.

Thanks to Gav from Samsung Tech support for figuring this out.

0 Likes
Surfrider1
Apprentice
Options

My sounder remote does not have an F button

I continue to have the same issues and my system is the HW-N950 soundbar with the QE65Q9FNAT tv

0 Likes
SCarters
Student
Options

I've had this issue twice recently, having had it work fine for a few years before that. 

This won't solve it for everyone as it's model dependent, but I have both a 2017 model Samsung tv & Soundbar (TV: UE55MU7000 + Soundbar: HW-M360) connected via Bluetooth.

I found the solution (that worked for me) on the 2017 manual on the Samsung website (https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201808/20180824105554004/HW-M360_ZA_Fullmanual_01_ENG_...) :

Disconnecting the Soundbar from the TV Press the (Source) button on the right side panel or on the remote control and switch to any mode but “BT”. • Disconnecting takes time because the TV must receive a response from the Soundbar. (The time required may differ, depending on the TV model.) • To cancel automatic Bluetooth connection between the Soundbar and TV, press the p(Play/Pause) button on the remote control for 5 seconds in “BT READY” status. (Toggle On → Off)

This ^ is taken directly from p.11 of the 2017 manual, but a summary in my words is:

Turn your tv on and your soundbar on.

First, check that your soundbar is still PAIRED with the tv:

- Settings

- Sound 

- Sound Output

- Speaker List

If the Soundbar shows up here, it is already Paired. However it is only Connected if it says "Connected" next to it. I was having to go into these Settings and select "Connect" every time (but you just need to check first that your Soundbar is indeed Paired, in order to Connect automatically).

To connect automatically:

- Press the source button on Sound remote to rotate through the options until it says "BT Ready"

- Press & hold the "Play/pause" button on the sound remote for 5 seconds (until the Soundbar says "On - Tv Remote") 

That's it! Hope that helps someone else as this has caused me such grief for so long and hours of trawling online trying to find the answer!

0 Likes
Wooz
First Poster
Options

Thanks! It worked!

Soundbar6
First Poster
Options

This worked for me too! Will check that it works again in 24 hours.

Nikwashere
Apprentice
Options

Recently began experiencing issues after previously fixed. Posted in this page a year or so ago. 
let me know if you also recently began experiencing symptoms after a previous fix. 

0 Likes