Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 10:50 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

285 REPLIES 285
Solution_finder
First Poster
Options

I found this solution on another website, my tv and sound bar turns on and off every time. Hope this works for you.

1. Plug in the optical cable

This step should be a no-brainer in this process. Without plugging in the optical cable to your Soundbar and your TV, there will be no connection made during this method, and the TV will not be able to transmit sound to the Soundbar in this way. So, make sure that the optical cable is plugged into both devices and that the plastic tips are removed to ensure a good connection.

2. Ensure that Auto Power Link is turned on

When using an optical cable connection, you will need to make sure that the Auto Power Link setting is turned on on the Soundbar.

This should default to being turned on, but if it is not, then all you need to do is press and hold down the left arrow on your remote. Once this is turned on, this should activate this input option and allow the connection to ensue.

3. Turn on the D.IN mode on your Soundbar

Again, this should default to being turned on, but in case it is not, you will need to turn the D.IN mode on your Soundbar by pressing the Source option on your Soundbar or remote. This is the digital input mode and is what sends the signal between the two devices.

4. Adjust the TV speaker settings

After you have ensured a stable connection with the optical cable and made sure that Auto Power Link has been activated (by default or manually), you will want to adjust the TV speaker settings.

In doing so, you will make sure that the receiver is the preferred audio source rather than the internal speakers. Otherwise, your TV speakers will be the preferred choice, and you will have to manage the connection to your Soundbar each time.

0 Likes
USA4
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. I am connected with an optical cable. All of a sudden my tv remove stopped turning on my Sound bar. I have tried settings and resets, no help. Has anyone tried replacing the optical cable?

0 Likes
USA4
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. I am connected with an optical cable. All of a sudden my tv remove stopped turning on my Sound bar. I have tried settings and resets, no help. Has anyone tried replacing the optical cable?

Could it have been caused by a recent lightning storm?

0 Likes
MadsBaek
First Poster
Options

I called Samsung Support and they told me that it’s caused by outdated firmware and bluetooth technology i the soundbar. Buy a new one, they said. I did and its working

0 Likes
Bellwood66
Apprentice
Options

I have a new HW-Q65T sound bar. I have this problem with my TV that they will not turn on even with the designated remote. I have both items connected to a Harmony Hub which is synced to my echo dot. When I summon the echo dot to turn on these devices have a 50/50 chance of turning on. When they don't turn on I have to unplug the device and plug it back in for it to come on. The TV is plugged into a wall outlet, but the sound bar is connected via extension cord. I've been on the phone with tech support many times and they can't give an explanation. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Vasilis83
Student
Options

I have a Samsung f550 a d the soundbar stopped turning on when i turned on my TV

IMPORTANT :

I am using TV soundshare as a connect method

I solved the issue by doing the following

- turn off the soundbar

- press SOURCE button on the soundbar remote for 5-6 seconds

- it should show in soundbar that Bluetooth Stand By is ON. If not then do press the SOURCE button one more time for 5 seconds

- Turn on soundbar

- Make sure that AUTO POWER is tuerned OFF (this functionality according to manual is only used for optical)

GOOD LUCK

0 Likes
Mbfos
First Poster
Options

This is the one that worked for me on my Samsung HW-M360. Thanks

Bellwood66
Apprentice
Options

Have you checked the update on the software on both units?

0 Likes
Vasilis83
Student
Options

Sorry if my post wasnt clear.

I HAD the same issue as all previous posts and I solved it and tried to explain how I did so that I can help some with the same problem :smiling-face:

HOWEVER, how can I check the current soundbar firmware version? 

0 Likes
Bellwood66
Apprentice
Options

Oh, I misunderstood. There is no way to check the sound bar software, you go to the Samsung site and just download it. You may or may not have the updated software unless you’ve documented the last update you’ve done. I did that and that was how I was able to fix my issue.