Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar bluetooth is out of sync and plays audio at wrong speed

(Topic created on: 28-12-2021 09:57 PM)
MattoKan
Apprentice
Options

I bought a soundbar and subwoofer about two years ago. Not sure of exact model. I have one old macbook that works fine when connecting via bluetooth. 

I have two newer laptops, one macbook M1 and the other a Windows machine, these both have issues with connecting via blue tooth. 

1) sound is out of sync with visuals (we are watching movies). So out of sync that the "audio sync" options have no  real effect on them.

2) The pitch of the sound is low. Meaning, all audio is playing back at the wrong sample rate. Sounds like a 48k vs 44k issue.

The picture quality is much better with the new laptops so we would prefer to use those but the audio is so out of whack that its not doable.

Did some bluetooth specification change along the way to make newer machines incompatible with older technology?

Odd that the old machine works fine and neither new machine works. I have done a fair amount of googling and have seen a few mentions of this but no ideas on how to fix.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Soundbar is out of sync with the TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110022/
MattoKan
Apprentice
Options

Hi thanks for the response. I have seen this page before and its more severe than just a slight out of sync. These adjustments dont come close to fixing the sync issue let alone the pitch issue. Thanks though!

0 Likes
MattoKan
Apprentice
Options

I find it odd no one has seen this issue yet I have it on two different devices from two different manufacturers.

0 Likes
TabbHonmin
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have the exact same issue with a mini PC and a soundbar (HW-T420). I just posted here.

Did you find a solution to your issue ?

0 Likes