Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound modes on HW-Q90R

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 01:03 PM)
jobean
Navigator
Options

Hello!

I really enjoy my HW- Q90R but what I don't like is that the manual does not really explain the different sound modes.

I am trying to figure out what sound mode is best for different audio types. 

Am I correct with this assumptions?

• Adaptive: Best for TV because voices get a 'boost'
  • Standard: Best for music because is simulates stereo sound
  • Surround: Best for watching movies because it uses all the speakers to create a (virtual) 5.1 setting
  • Game-pro: Best for gaming
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
jobean
Navigator
Options

Just tested some more and I discovered that my PS4 sounds better on 'adaptive' then 'Game Pro' or 'Surround'. 

I stood with my back behind a waterfall in Uncharted and with the adaptive setting I heard the waterfall really behind me as with the other modes I just softly heard it behind me and most of the sound coming from the soundbar itself. Also with GT Sport the cars I passed really sounded like they moved left, right and behind me in adaptive mode.

Strange but maybe other gamers on this board have the same experience?

Netflix (app on my LG C9 with bitsream audio passed to my soundbar) works best on 'surround' mode. 

mauromol
Pioneer
Options

@jobean wrote:

Hello!

I really enjoy my HW- Q90R but what I don't like is that the manual does not really explain the different sound modes.

Maybe you know already, but the printed manual that is included in HW-Q90R, at least here in Italy, is more like a "quick guide". The full manual, available for download on Samsung website, contains some more information about sound modes, for instance the output specification for each sound mode depending on input.

0 Likes
BodzioM1
First Poster
Options

I noticed that more evective surround effect you can reach by mainipulating of speakers volume level. For expample I set all soundbar fron lef and right speakers on 0 level. But rear left and right speakers to 6 level. So using this solution I forced sound scene to play rear speakers louder. For me it increased sourround rear effects.

0 Likes