Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound, but no video on Q80T TV from Q950T soundbar

(Topic created on: 21-02-2021 10:32 PM)
lordkernow
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the new Q950T soundbar connected to a 2020 QLED Q80T television and am having issues with no video signal from devices attached to the soundbar.

Sound feeds fine from the TV using the eARC HDMI3 port to the soundbar, no issues with any sound coming from the TV's built in apps or terristrial TV and all sounds great from the bar.

I have an Apple TV and Nvidia Shield attached to the HDMI inputs on the back of the soundbar.

When selecting the input sources I get sound coming through the bar, but no video feeding through to the TV.

The TV just says no signal on HDMI3 and to select the source, which I do, selecting "soundbar" from the sources list on the TV and still sound, but no video.

Unplugging the HDMI cables from the back of the bar and connecting directly to the TV HDMI inputs 1 and 2, everything works fine.

Video comes through okay and the sound is routed through to the soundbar via the TV with no issues.

This means the settings on the Apple TV and Nvidia Shield are all set correctly to output video and sound, plus the HDMI cables are also good.

So can anyone shed light on why I'm getting no video from external devises attached to the bar, but sound is okay?

3 REPLIES 3
Solarhawke
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with the q950t and my Sony UBP-X800 and OLED65CXPUA.  Sony is connected via hdmi into the soundbar.  Soundbar connected via earc to tv.  There sound but no video.  Am I missing something here?

0 Likes
Dan1985
First Poster
Options

Same problem on my lg cx tv. Sound but no picture. Was working for 14 days, now non of the hdmi inputs work. Soundbar is one month old. Guessing i have to send it for repair....

0 Likes
TastySpray
First Poster
Options

OMG, paid 4000 euro's SOUND bar and Samsung TV.. On the shitty remote no SOURCE button. Ok no source button Samsung minds forget it. And the mind behind it.. who deleted this.. i hope he lose 1 finger.... second.. paid 4000 euro's and the tv is not passing the video true Symphony. Making it very difficult.. Yes i am connected from WIFI noo sound or Video.. Great.. if i had 4000 euro, i had sold this ***** and bougt something els.

0 Likes