Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung R1 Speaker

(Topic created on: 09-07-2023 10:49 AM)
Members_C7WiVhI
First Poster
Options

Hi I am having a really weird issue with my Samsung R1 speakers which only started happening yesterday. They have disappeared from my multiroom app and two out of three keep announcing wifi is ready constantly, to the point where I have had to unplug them. One speaker I can get to the ready to connect stage and the multiroom app says it has added the speaker successfully, however it is not in the speaker list in the app, it then announces ready to connect after that. The other two R1s will not go into the ready to connect mode and even Bluetooth is not working. Two speakers I can get into Bluetooth but my devices can not see it and the other will not go in BT mode atoll. I really want to sell these as they have been a complete pain ever since I bought them. I am so fed up with Samsunf that I will not buy any more products from them. I have a Samsung HWF751 sound bar and all of a suddent HDMI arc does not work.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Loveall27
Explorer
Options

You're not alone - others have reported similar issues starting around July 7th or 8th. There's a thread where you can share your concerns and join the discussion.

all speakers started power cycling on friday the 7th - Samsung Community

Members_WZn6bpw
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same problem with my 5 multiroom speakers. Only happens when you disconnect them from a power outlet an connect them again.

0 Likes
Loveall27
Explorer
Options

I have some good news for you! You don't have to reset your speakers. Instead, find the IP address of the speaker and go to your internet router. From there, block Samsung speakers' IP addresses from accessing the internet. I tested this with two speakers and the rebooting loop stopped. 

Loveall27_0-1688996583593.png

Either you block your speakers from accessing the internet or

if you want to have your speakers connect to Spotify/Radio/Pandora ect.
You need to block these addresses:

1. connect.deezer.com
  2. api.iheart.com
  3. api2.iheart.com 

from your network .Turns out it's boot looping because the iheart radio and deezer api is no longer working correctly with our speakers

AntS
Options
0 Likes