Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Q995C as audio system connected to PC Monitor

(Topic created on: 20-03-2024 07:35 AM)
jacobacci
Journeyman
Options

I have heard the Samsung Q995C at a friend's house and I was suitably impressed with the Dolby Atmos SQ. I am considering getting a Q995D when it is out. I have a good stereo system, so I am only looking at using the Q995D for multichannel / Dolby Atmos content, streaming primarily from Apple Music, but also some Pure Audio BluRays through an Oppo BDP80.

The Q995D has a eARC HDMI output port, which is meant to be connected to the eARC port of a TV. I am planning to use a FullHD PC Monitor (with HDCP) as Video Monitor. Does this work on the eARC port?

3 input devices would be connected directly to the Q995D

• Apple TV 4k
  • Oppo BDP-80
  • PC

Would all of this work? Thanks for any feedback.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jacobacci
Journeyman
Options

I was back at my friend's today and we tried the configuration using the Q995C with an external HDMI monitor instread of a Samsung TV. Unfortunately the Soundbar refused to do anything and did not display any image on the monitor. 

I guess the soundbar requires a link to an eARC compatible device to function. Too bad.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Looks like it'd work to me!

MB
0 Likes
jacobacci
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, @MorningBlunt I will go to my friend's house with my PC Monitor and try it out, before I buy a Soundbar. Just want to be sure.

Another Question:

If I have 8 Channel WAV Files with channels numbered from 0-7, how would the Q995 map these. Standard for the first 6 Channels is quite clear (FL, FR, C, LFE, BL, BR). Where would the Q995 place channels 6 and 7? Is there any way to configure the channel mapping?

0 Likes
Solution
jacobacci
Journeyman
Options

I was back at my friend's today and we tried the configuration using the Q995C with an external HDMI monitor instread of a Samsung TV. Unfortunately the Soundbar refused to do anything and did not display any image on the monitor. 

I guess the soundbar requires a link to an eARC compatible device to function. Too bad.

0 Likes