Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung MultiRoom App FUBAR

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 11:52 AM)
TheBigO
Apprentice
Options

While worked fine on android 10, since Android 11 Samsung MultiRoom app crashes immediately when trying to play music stored on phone.  Buggy at best fpkayimg music from Spotify etc.  Have thousands in samsung speakers.  Samsung please don't pull the plug on the app with over 500k users and so many with your speakers.  They are great speakers, as good as anyone makes but WAM series are bricked without a working app. Please support and be first class with customer support.  App is still on playstore and ios just not current and not working.  Tech support is shutdown.  Please support.

29 REPLIES 29
Jelu
Student
Options

Even though I'm sorry, I have to join the displeasure - hoping that Samsung is following this forum. The problem is still not solved. While accessing locally stored albums, tracks or artists, on a brandnew Samsung Tab S7 FE, the application simply crashes.
It is absolutely incomprehensible to me that Samsung does not manage to support its own products and pushes so many loyal customers in front of the head.
Samsung team, like many others I have spent a lot of money and trust in your products and expect a solution to the problem ! Promptly.

Members_TIroB44
First Poster
Options

Just seen this thread.

I just set up a new tablet too and I am getting exactly the same problem.

Ironically, Multiroom is fine with my old A6.

On new device, Multiroom plays music from my NAS.  The problem appears to be using the local SD card.  I CAN play music directly or via bluetooth to other speakers using the Music App which shows all the album covers etc too. 

Henec the problem lies with the App using the SD card. There are no album covers showing. It crashes trying to access any music.

SAMSUNG!!!   Surely this narrows down the issue  - PLEASE find the problem ASAP.

Ginger Jas
First Poster
Options

Very similar problems here as well. I can connect all my speakers together but when I try and play music from Deezer it says "No Internet Connection". I have spent nearly 3 hrs on the phone to Samsung customer support only to keep getting told the manager who's dealing with this is not available. 

0 Likes
MarkyMark9998
Journeyman
Options

News from Samsung Repair +1 800-726-7864 (call or text this number - a live human will respond). Sad News to me. Now 1 of 4 Radiant 360 Speakers R5 got stuck on power up mode (flashing circle). Sent for repair with Samsung $80 cost upfront + $32 for UPS two way shipping. They give you 4 days to repair. Took over 30 days. They said 1st received wrong part. 2nd time motherboard was defective and Speaker "depleated" no repairable. Samsung is pulling the plug on repairs. Two other sites have the Parts available... they are ditching to fix anything... all they care is selling New. Again... just bought a 65" Samsung TV for my mom... be aware... after 1 year warranty... are are at mercy of lack of responsibility. Sears Online Parts and SamsungPartsUsa (not affiliated to Samsung) carry parts... My motherboard part code is AH94-03652A  ... in regards to the Software... when I asked questions... the repair center said "I am sorry, we will escalate, but nothing we can do".... Samsung is becoming Highly Negligent.... I just don't like Apple, so, won't change brands... but sad story

Rick Nielsen
Apprentice
Options

I wonder if you are on to something with the SD card. I am having this problem and coincidentally my music is saved on the SD card on my phone.

0 Likes
Rick Nielsen
Apprentice
Options

I have experienced this problem. Honestly, the Multiroom App has been flaky for years. I wonder how many people just gave up on wifi sound and use the speakers as blue tooth only. Very disappointing. I liked the wifi option and sharing control with my wife's phone and accessing her music as well as my music was pretty powerful. I hope they fix the app but I can't say that I am very optimistic.

0 Likes
Rick Nielsen
Apprentice
Options

Has anybody found a work-around to this multiroom app problem? Are there other generic apps that will support the Samsung speakers?

0 Likes
Charlie Farley
Apprentice
Options

I've tried a wide variety of other apps with no success. Based on the other info in this thread it appears that customer  service is dead. I've been loyal for many years but looks like the new kids on the electronic block  (e.g.Hisense) will be getting my  money from now on.

0 Likes
malc12
Apprentice
Options

Like so many other users, I'm frustrated that the app crashes when I try to access my new phone's music. I did however find a compromise that enables me to stream my phone audio to multiple samsung speakers: Airmusic app for android (free trial allows you to test its capabilities). You still need multiroom app to group the speakers but at least my speakers aren't redundant yet...

Charlie Farley
Apprentice
Options

Hey 

I can't thank you enough. Thank you so much.

This ACTUALLY works! Samsung should give you a new huge television as a reward for this. 

Really appreciate that you took the time to reply.

All the best

0 Likes