Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung MultiRoom App FUBAR

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 11:52 AM)
TheBigO
Apprentice
Options

While worked fine on android 10, since Android 11 Samsung MultiRoom app crashes immediately when trying to play music stored on phone.  Buggy at best fpkayimg music from Spotify etc.  Have thousands in samsung speakers.  Samsung please don't pull the plug on the app with over 500k users and so many with your speakers.  They are great speakers, as good as anyone makes but WAM series are bricked without a working app. Please support and be first class with customer support.  App is still on playstore and ios just not current and not working.  Tech support is shutdown.  Please support.

29 REPLIES 29
MarkyMark9998
Journeyman
Options

Same case here. I posted my issue in this forum back from December 21 update... still no fix after 2 samsung updates. It's pissing me off they are not caring to do things right anymore. 13 years ago I left Apple for the same reason. Samsung has to get their stuff together. Sadly, my entire home is Samsung now. Angries me when I see 4 R5 speakers on my master bedroom NOT in use. 2 Brand New T50 Party Speakers for Karaoke NOT in use. 

Thread: S20 FE Update from 12/01/2020 Crashes Samsung Music Apps and Multiroom (Samsung Community Subscription Update)

Charlie Farley
Apprentice
Options

Same here. I just updated my phone to Android 11 and now my multiroom app crashes immediately when trying to play music stored on phone. This is very disappointing. I too have spent thousands on Samsung speakers and TVs so your support is important to us.

TheBigO
Apprentice
Options

Come on Samsung......crickets to this post?  Your app is broke and it has over half a million users.  Nothing but silence?  Lame, lame, lame.......time for a call to the better business bureau?  Reddit posts?  Trying to be fair but for a company your size with a customer base this big, no help or response?

Are these communities worth the bits they take up?

MarkyMark9998
Journeyman
Options

@TheBigO wrote:

Come on Samsung......crickets to this post?  Your app is broke and it has over half a million users.  Nothing but silence?  Lame, lame, lame.......time for a call to the better business bureau?  Reddit posts?  Trying to be fair but for a company your size with a customer base this big, no help or response?

Are these communities worth the bits they take up?

I agree. If Samsung does not take our money, loyalty and comments seriously. Better Business Bureau is the only Solution. Let's see the their reputation won't get hurt when they start getting 1 Star for All New Phones and Apps they refuse to fix. 1 Star BBB will be my next stop. I encourage everyone to do the same

TheBigO
Apprentice
Options

Well it appears official, Samsung doesn't care about or listen to their customers.  Rather than spend a meager amount of time, resources and effort to update their MultiRoom App for Android 11, they are just gonna brick their customers investment in Samsung speakers.  LG and Apple, here come my dollars and the same for countless family members and friends.  I will NEVER again recommend Samsung.  You can go pack sand as far as I am concerned Samstink.  Thanks for not even so much as a reply.

MarkyMark9998
Journeyman
Options

Another Android Security Patch update rolled this week and no news about Multiroom fix... Samsung dropped the ball badly on this.

rockyrockport
Apprentice
Options

i am having same problem on my note 10 plus and even if you group your speakers when you connect using tv not showing the groups any more like they don't exist i no my gear is old but they sound so good and have no wires i use 2 m5s and a wireless sound bar and hub hw h750 and to series 6 smart tv none of it working right now please fix Samsung there is loads of people who use this app if not then i bring you the speakers and you can give me a refund for the original price when realised don't say on box only works for so many years.

Members_vMR0chK
First Poster
Options

Same here. It is just not good enough Samsung!

Loveall27
Explorer
Options

Same here issues , I am on Galaxy S10 and Android 11. I can not use this app anymore. It crashes the moment I try to play songs stored on my phone. I have 5 WAM750 and now will have to use them as a paper weight. Shame on you, Samsung.