Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung hw-q930b alexa not working

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 05:28 PM)
RebelNev
First Poster
Options
I've followed all the steps, registered on SmartThings and linked to my Amazon account, but this feature does not work, unless I tell my echo dot to control the bar. I got it to work once and it never worked again. Any ideas?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
majorwedgy
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same situation! Limited, de linked multiple times, says device offline on Alexa app, driving me insane! 

0 Likes
RebelNev
First Poster
Options
I was told to do a factory reset, and try again. But ended up with the same results. I was then told it only works if you have the Alexa app open, which is a waste of time in my opinion, its the same as using the remote, infact the remote
Is easier.
0 Likes
majorwedgy
First Poster
Options

I'm going through their support process at the moment and will feed back. Clearly a firmware issue, I get it all linked but the Alexa app says the device is offline. Interestingly the speaker device appears online. See what they come back with, but expecting to find the speaker is designed ineffectively and their tech team are too busy building the next half baked product. 

0 Likes
RebelNev
First Poster
Options
I got mine working, perhaps and update has gone through. All I did was, re-register on my amazon account through SmartThings.
0 Likes
majorwedgy
First Poster
Options

Well, I've returned mine, had 2 different bars both with the same issue. I reinstalled everything, created new accounts with the same outcome. Gone back to sonos, much much more expensive but at least it works! 

0 Likes
Alexaonsamsun
First Poster
Options

Is Alexa still working for you?

I purchased a week ago, and I’ve had it working sporadically, increasingly frustrated and about to give up.

0 Likes
majorwedgy
First Poster
Options

Gave up returned and went back to sonos. Samsung truly are awful, had 3 bars all worked on flip of a coin with no firmware support. Cut your losses mate

0 Likes
RebelNev
First Poster
Options
Some days it works and some days not.
0 Likes