Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - Samsung Soundbar HW-Q800A crashes on volume up and down

(Topic created on: 19-10-2021 09:13 AM)
adutto
Journeyman
Options

Update 28/10/2021

The problem is RESOLVED now with the new FW 1009.2, Thanks a lot Samsung for addressing it and release an update that is fixing the issue!

---

I am experiencing an annoying issue with my Sound bar HW-Q800A, when I watch a movie and I start playing with the up and down volume for less then one minute, it suddenly stops emitting audio and the sound bar is like crashed, if I press again the button up and down doesn't work, the only way out is to turn it off and on again. 

Here is the video of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUk3A9SJvQ

It does it with the TV and also with Spotify connect, so I would exclude that it is not a Tv related problem. it happens both in wifi and HDMI. 

Do you know if there is any solution for this or it is an HW issue? 

I have the latest FW installed, what esle can I do?

If you have the same bar, can you please try the same thing to see if you can reproduce it on yours?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regars,

Alberto 

42 REPLIES 42
Sebigeli
Apprentice
Options

let's go, the problem is that I'm French, where will you put the comment?

0 Likes
MarcelRemkes
Journeyman
Options

I did put it on the Dutch Samsung page for the HW-Q800A as on that page there were 69 very positive review listed.

0 Likes
MarcelRemkes
Journeyman
Options

I was thinking, maybe everyone who has an issue should list their exact configuration. As there are also a lot of positive reviews on the Q series of sound bars, maybe we are using it different. For example, it could be that a lot of users is not using Smartthings or Google home and therefore have no issues (which doesn't mean that Samsung should fix the issue). So my configuration looks like:

TV: QLED 4K 55Q80A (firmware 1805.4)
Soundbar: HW-Q800A (firmware 1008)
Google Home (Nest) Hub: yes, 2x

TV connected to Smartthings: yes, via app (no hub)
Soundbar connected to Smartthings: yes, via app (no hub)

TV connected to Google Home (yes via Smarthings integration in Google Home)
Soundbar connected to Google Home (yes via Smarthings integration in Google Home and Chrome cast) *

* I see the soundbar as Smarthings device and as Chrome cast device in Google Home.

0 Likes
vulcanmist
First Poster
Options

Please add in HW-Q900A as well. I don't adjust the volume, but I get these random volume disappearances. I also have the same 1008 firmware as you guys. I already contacted our local Samsung to visit my place and check it out. I hope the Samsung mods here can see this.

0 Likes
adutto
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for sharing your configuration, I have tried diffferent ones, even without the wifi configured and just with the HDMI cable connected, I believe it is a problem of the soundbar itself, that it crashed upon certain conditions that are forced by playing with the volume keys, but it can also happen in other conditions as some user already experienced. 

adutto
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for sharing it with Samsung, the more we are notifying the issue, the sooner they will fix it. Since it is affecting more sound bar models, it is even more serious then I thought, so they should give a critical priority to this to avoid a massive recall and a big drop of sales. 

0 Likes
adutto
Journeyman
Options

prior the FW 1008 apparently it was working fine, that should explain the positive reviews. 

romankop420
Apprentice
Options

i have the same problem here. watching tv and need to controll the volume and nothing happens, I'm not even playing with the up/down volume at all. at certain scenes the sounds is a bit much, and over weekends when i want to show off the sound it also crashes and the only trick is to turn it off and on again. getting very annoying with it now.

i tried to install the latest firmware via usb to micro usb adaptor (service port) and no luck. i tried different flash drive usb's too so i guess it has the latest FM??? i did do the fm update via smarthings app, and i have the latest apparently?

My tv is the QA55Q70T, all connected as per the manaul via hdmi cable and settings are correct too.

Samsung, please fix.

Regards

Roman

South Africa

Alex Rod
Apprentice
Options

I have been having the same issue since last weekend, only that the soundbar (Q800A) sometimes won't even power up , not even using the remote or control panel on the bar itself, I have to power cycle the soundbar in order for it to turn on.  I also have the crashes when using the up and down volume , the soundbar stops responding (even though the audio still can be heard on the soundbar) so even after powering off the soundbar and back on again the issue comes back in less than 10 minutes.

I have factory reset the soundbar, reconfigured it, added it to smarthings app but nothing helps. I have it connected to a LG Oled C1 TV (FW Version: 03.20.45) via hdmi eARC port and the firmware 1008.0 (latest revision from soundbar) was installed back on September so it's been over a month since I updated it and it's strange that up until now this problem starts happening.

This is very frustrating I'd been enjoying this soundbar a lot , the sound it produces is quite amazing, but now it's pretty much useless crashing all the time. This the first soundbar from Samsung that has been giving me headaches as the previous ones I owned worked without a hitch.

Alex

Panama (Central America)

Shabskii
Journeyman
Options

Same issue, attempt to adjust volume and it hangs/crashes since firmware 1008 was installed. Have to unplug and plug back in to get the bar back up until it eventually crashes again just a few minutes later. 

Using 2020 Q70T QLED with Q800a Soundbar hooked up via eArc to the TV and all devices are registered to SmartThings.

My soundbar was otherwise flawless during the months before the 1008 update introduced this issue.

South Africa.