Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R1, R3, R5 and R7 wont connect since 6th July - "Wifi is ready".

(Topic created on: 10-07-2023 08:54 AM)
Members_zNiBXg0
Journeyman
Options

All my Samsung speakers are now cycling through "Wifi is ready".  I cant seem to get any of them reconnected.  I have 2 R1s, 2 R3s, 4 R5s and an R1.. ALL of them experiencing this issue.  My soundbar seems ok, however I have that through bluetooth to the TV.

I cant see any of the speakers in the Multi room app.  I cant "Find Existing Speaker".  I cant "Add a New Speaker.... as pressing the SPK button for 5seconds, doest give me the "Ready to connect".  A cant reset them (holding volumn up/down).  I've tried a power cycle.  

5 REPLIES 5
Loveall27
Explorer
Options

I have some good news for you! You don't have to reset your speakers. Instead, find the IP address of the speaker and go to your internet router. From there, block Samsung speakers' IP addresses from accessing the internet. I tested this with two speakers and the rebooting loop stopped. 

Loveall27_0-1688996552430.png

Either you block your speakers from accessing the internet or

if you want to have your speakers connect to Spotify/Radio/Pandora ect.
You need to block these addresses:

1. connect.deezer.com
  2. api.iheart.com
  3. api2.iheart.com 

from your network .Turns out it's boot looping because the iheart radio and deezer api is no longer working correctly with our speakers

0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes
zorrosam
First Poster
Options

i can confirm that the workaround works properly. Last saturday i dropped a call to Samsung, they didn't say anything and they sent me to a support center. the support center ignored my request for 1x week and right now i have 1 of my 5 speakers in their shop without having get any support. luckily as usual the community works better than the official support provided by the vendor. Samsung wake up! Now please push a new firmware to fix the issue!

0 Likes
TimR123
Explorer
Options

No new firmware required..

The issue was server side and has been fixed. Reboot your speakers and add them back to the multi room app in the usual manner and all should be well.

The update on the issue from Samsung is detailed in here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/all-speakers-started-power-cycling-on-friday-the-7th...