Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QN (2021) model firmware update 1708.

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 09:19 PM)
Rick_C
Pioneer
Options
Hi all,

My 75" QN800A has just had a firmware update, moving from 1506 to 1708 and have no detail's of what it has done 🤔 can't find anything online either.

I hope this is to fix the signal/Audio drop outs 🤞

Share links or details if you find anything.
17 REPLIES 17
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Rick_C   I have found  out anything yet on the 1708 firmware, however I have a changelog thread which I update regularly and will keep you informed.   https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/tv-firmware-changelogs-on-german-community/m-p/1846870#M44087    

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Rick_C
Pioneer
Options
Very nice and have got it in my book mark now. Many thanks for doing that 👍😎
0 Likes
Rick_C
Pioneer
Options
As an update, signal drop out has not been resolved 🤦🏻 audio drop out has not happened yet. But the Q950A has had an update also, so maybe one thing at a time 🤣
0 Likes
JoseDB
Journeyman
Options

My 75” QN900A also just got 1708 and I was hoping it will fix the HDMI signal/audio dropouts - sorry to see it doesn’t seem much better so far.

I also get LAN disconnected/LAN Connected blips so maybe it fixes that!

These are the only 2 issues I have, the HDMI drop out being the most infuriating. Not what you expect from a flagship TV costing £8K!

I already follow James firmware thread so am also waiting with interest for the next update there.

Rick_C
Pioneer
Options
The QN800A also has the LAN connection blips also, vary rare, but it happens and I put it down to possibly the modem at my end, but if you are also having it...... Another one to the list.

I have reported it via the smarthings app via the ask a question, maybe if more people do that it may wake them up 🤔

I agree with your statement of cost and I am in the high end and you are at the flagship end. It is frustrating and have some understanding of the pandemic - but doesn't feel like it was fully quality tested before releasing.
0 Likes
JoseDB
Journeyman
Options

I had some initial setup issues with eARC and lipsync. Although it took a long time to get through on the phone they were actually knowledgeable and helped solve the issues (and said sit tight for a firmware fix for the other issues).

I also have the Family Hub refrigerator  with the built in screen etc and had issues with that when new (2 years ago) - I ended up emailing the Samsung UK CEO and they sorted all the issues out.

If the problems continue with this TV I’ll be going the same route. It’s very frustrating when they make such great kit and it’s let down by a couple of minor issues and poor customer service/comms.

Rick_C
Pioneer
Options
Is the email easy to find if needed?
0 Likes
JoseDB
Journeyman
Options
JoseDB
Journeyman
Options

Well my LAN just blipped.

Looks like they’ve just changed the release number but not actually changed or fixed anything I can see!

0 Likes