Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q990b - is there a way to enable Dolby DRC (dynamic range control)?

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 10:15 AM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Hi all,

hope someone can help?

I have the Soundbar and quality is great but I’m still finding issues getting the sound right as I live in an apartment. 
I have night mode switched on already and sub at -12 (lowest it will go). Without night mode on and sub at lowest volume, the sub is way too loud.  I’m struggling still with movies as the dynamic range still seems to be quite wide so it’s hard to listen at a comfortable volume. 

with devices I’ve had in past, they’ve actually had a dynamic range control which properly compresses the dynamic range of the content (although understand for Dolby only). This always worked for me but doesn’t seem night mode does that. 

cannot find any settings for DRC anywhere. Is there a hidden setting somewhere to enable this or am I stuck?
thank you. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Maccash
First Poster
Options

Tieni premuto il tasto superiore nel cerchio. Hai la possibilità di attivare o disattivare questa modalità. Funziona per la mia HW-k950

0 Likes
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Hi, sorry I’m not sure what you mean about holding down the circle?

I actually contacted Samsung and the person I spoke with told he that these soundbars have no DRC built in which I find really odd. Their closest competitor I think is probably the LG sound bar and that one had lots of DRC adjustments you can make. 

this is the only thing in my opinion letting it down as not everyone wants to listen at a volume which is really loud. I like listening at a volume where the sound is balanced and there isn’t huge spikes etc but Samsung have left the DRC option out on this one which is a shame. 

0 Likes