Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80r soundbar update display keeps blinking.

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 04:04 AM)
Jimmy470
First Poster
Options

My sound bar just went silent one day so I unplugged it from the wall and plugged it back in. Now when the soundbar turns on the update display just keeps blinking. I've try to download the update to usb and plug in but it doesn't do anything the forums and videos say. Help please.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Javier1109
First Poster
Options

Did your issue get resolved. Having same issue 

0 Likes
Jimmy470
First Poster
Options

Nope. Still waiting on email. Suppose to send back to them to fix since there's nothing that works. I've literally tried everything. Wish they would just send me a new one and I can send this one back. Only had it for 2 months. Horrible time to have this issue while quarantined lol. 

0 Likes
Javier1109
First Poster
Options

Having the same exact issue. Tried calling Samsung and no answer. Called during work hours. Called Geek Squad as well. They would've helped me but they shut down. I purchased it right before the Super Bowl so Samsung should help. Well within the warranty. I've tried everything except a usb update. But geek squad says that might not help as well. I'll keep you posted if I find a resolution. Im unplugging it over night and see what happens in the morning. But my sound bar was stuck on bye. Couldn't connect to it through SmartThings or WiFi. Good luck 

0 Likes
Jimmy470
First Poster
Options

I'll keep you posted as well. Thanks for sharing. 

0 Likes
timanfaya
Apprentice
Options

Did you get any further with your update?

I have the commonly reported "intermittent subwoofer connection" issue for which the recommendation is to update the subwoofer firmware from S0033.0.

The firmware of the bar is aready the latest version (1008.0), however when trying to trigger the update to the subwoofer nothing happens.

I've tried following Samsung's instructions to perform the USB update (extracting files to SAT-HKA19WWC\image on a USB, inserting after bar has been on for 3 mins) however nothing is shown on the soundbar display. I've tried both 1007.9 and 1008.0 firmware just in case there were region locked issues.

I am then unable to trigger the update to the subwoofer - pressing Down on the remote for 6 seconds while display is active does nothing.

SmartThings app is borderline useless and shows no updates available.

Running out of ideas and patience, any help appreciated!

0 Likes
Jimmy470
First Poster
Options
Nothing yet I have to send my sound bar off as of right now.
0 Likes
Javier1109
First Poster
Options

Same here... Chatted with a Samsung rep(through a chat,no one answers customer service phone number) and created a service ticket and just shipped my Soundbar and Sub to Samsung via UPS. Now I have a 75inch QLED with no soundbar for the time being. 

0 Likes
timanfaya
Apprentice
Options
Were you able to upgrade the firmware OK? I'm weighing up returning and replacing or moving back to a hifi separates configuration where I never have to worry about wireless issues, which this unit seems to be plagued with.
0 Likes
TrolidMe
First Poster
Options

Have you resolved your problem?

0 Likes