Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q800C Soundbar Speaker Buzzing sound when Paused

(Topic created on: 12-01-2024 10:49 AM)
Owlystare
Journeyman
Options

I've had a Q800C Soundbar for about a week now - connected via the included HDMI cables to a PS5 and to my Samsung UE55NU7100 TV.

Either when playing a game, or when watching TV - if the TV is left on PAUSE (no audio) for anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes, a loud buzzing sound will start. If playback in resumed, the sound of the media is VERY distorted and unpleasant.

A poweroff and restart of the soundbar resets the issue and resolves it.

Can any one advise what the problem could be? I have checked the connection points of the HDMIs, but not tried to replace the cables, nor have I checked if a software update is required.

I'm also not sure if this is a known issue - but I just don't know how to search for it on these forums.

Responses appreciated! This is an odd problem, but if I can't get to the bottom of it, I would like to return the product within the return window.

19 REPLIES 19
petes2003
Apprentice
Options
I have the same issue with a HQ-700C soundbar, if I pause or rewind / fast forward on my Virgin V6 box I often get the same loud buzzing noise from the soundbar. Likewise the only way to stop it is to power off / on the soundbar. Has anybody managed to solve this problem.
Owlystare
Journeyman
Options

I have not foudn a solution - however I found this thread on reddit about the same issue on yet another Samsung soundbar - and it seems for this user the solution was to contact Samsung for a replacement, as the motherboard was faulty.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Soundbars/comments/182ru51/crackling_with_930c_when_netflix_is_paused/

0 Likes
James B
Journeyman
Options

Having the same issue with a Q800C when I pause Sky Q. It doesn't repeat every time, I can go a few days without the issue and then happens randomly. It's just started not switching on/off with hdmi cec as well (though this may be a separate issue). 

I've reset the soundbar this evening to see if there's any improvement over the next week or so.

James B
Journeyman
Options

Did you end up contacting Samsung about a replacement? 

I'm still finding this issue occuring and was wondering if you had a confirmed solution.

Thanks 

_JCH_
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue on my Q930C. It's happen when I pause the conetent (Netflix, Disney+ etc.) I updated the soundbar to the newest firmware, tried hard reset but the problem is not solved. Any ideas? My soudbar is connected to the TV via Arc. There is no problem with media with wifi or Bluetooth, only when oause the TV content.

Owlystare
Journeyman
Options

No - i've had to send it back to the vendor for testing and replacement (more likely refund).

I'm still going on the motherboard issue - as reported by a reddit user who managed to get through to samsung. It was REALLY predictable when doing media (TV) but also paused games. I was running through my PS5 to the ARC HDMI port. Not sure if that's true for you too

Owlystare
Journeyman
Options

Nope - I've sent it back to the vendor and am awaiting a replacement/repair or more likely a refund.

But I'm seeing more people post about it (on reddit and in response to this thread) - don't seem to be able to find the smoking gun.

_JCH_
Apprentice
Options

I'm waiting for samsung customer service contact. My feedback has been sent to engineers (information from samsung customer service). I'm not sure that new device will work fine, many users have the same issue with similar soundbars.

0 Likes
Owlystare
Journeyman
Options

Afriad the tech vendor was not able to repeat the error despite, apparently, running the device for 4hrs. A frustrating result - but not one I can argue with. They are blaming the setup or potentially an issue with the TV or PS5.

All I can do is accept the same device back (rather than accept a refund)  and try different setups, hope for a future patch or just know to power down the soundbar when on pause...

0 Likes