Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound from HW-K850 Soundbar with Dolby Digital + selected

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 09:02 PM)
Glitchy
First Poster
Options

Hello, this is my very first post and havr contacted Samsung many times, receiving generic responses.

I have a Samsung UN65MU7000 TV connected to a Samsung HW-K850 soundbar using an ultra high speed HDMI cable connected to the HDMI ARC ports on both devices. Both devices have the most recent firmware with Anynet+ turned on.

I am trying to get Dolby Atmos from the soundbar while using the TV's Netflix streaming app with a premium 4K Ultra HD Netflix subscription. I have confirmed that the selected titles/programs support Dolby Atmos.

In the TV's expert audio settings, Bitstream is selected for HDMI audio format. PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital + and DTS Neo 2:5 are selectable but DTS is greyed out for digital output audio format. There is sound from the soundbar if PCM, Dolby Digital and DTS 2:5 are selected but there is no sound when Dolby Digital + is selected. Instead, a message on the TV reads "The Dolby Digital + option is only available for the external speakers that support the format". I have confirmed that the soundbar supports Dolby Digital + and requires it to provide (lossy) Dolby Atmos in the absence of Dolby TrueHD, which my TV does not support.

Can anyone please help me figure out the problem? Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Sparkx
First Poster
Options

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue

0 Likes