Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Lack of functions with HW-600A connected to GQ65Q95

(Topic created on: 05-12-2023 05:11 PM)
Telb60
Apprentice
Options

I have an HW-600A connected to 65inch Q95T. The dialog on most film is very poor and difficult to hear. This sound bar was connected to my 55inch Q70 andI was able to adjust the equaliser or select a different audio mode eg Cinema, Sport etc using the remote.

None of the options are available when connected to the Q95. The most I can change is the Sub Woofer  settings everything else  has no adjustment .

I’ve tried HDMI, Bluetooth, and Optical connection plus enabling / disabling various settings eARC etc. 

I get a warning message saying “not connected to an eARC HDMI port” but it is and I’ve swapped the cable.

Reconnected to my Q70 and all works correctly. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tel.

4 REPLIES 4
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I went from the 600A, 700A, then the 900A, don't ask ...
eARC use the Samsung HDMI lead.

Simple test I did was just change the sound to TV, TV+AV, but i found a few things.

1. Majority of TV is not Dolby Digital or Atmos, only Movies
2. You need rear speakers
3. Volume level needs to be loud.

Back to tweaks either from Smartthings or the remote, play with the soundbar settings in particular the various front, up firing levels, see if that helps.

Also the 600A I think does not support Q Symphony (TV and Soundbar speakers used) reason why I moved to the 700A.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Telb60
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for the information. I have rear speakers and was aware the Q Symphony was not supported on the Q600A but I did expect the features that I have (equaliser via expert mode on the TV and treble , rear speaker volume and pre defined sound scapes via the remote control) to be available when switching from Q70 to a Q95. Seems like a big step backwards.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry to say but it was a reason I quickly returned the 600A, bought the 800A, then foolishly the 900A but not the SWA-9500S rears, once I got them it all made sense with Q Symphony

That said though no speaker system will transform a poor stereo signal into an immersive experience, now Dolby Atmos 💯
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Telb60
Apprentice
Options

It turns out Q Symphony does work on the 600A. I managed to get hold of Samsung support and the used remote access. It took about 40 minutes but it now works. Still not able to change treble, centre, rear speaker settings when in surround mode. It seems this only work when configured to standard mode, but it a big step forward.

cheers Tel

0 Likes