Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hw-Q90R Bass makes a popping noise

(Topic created on: 06-10-2019 03:54 AM)
tindoe
Student
Options

I purchased a HW-Q90R wireless surround sound sound bar a couple months ago. Been working great except I notice that the past couple weeks the woofer has had a popping noise that will not go away, especially if there is a deep bass or if somebody is talking with a deep voice. I have tried adjusting the settings and it is tolerable if the bass is turned all the way down. I installed the smart things app and tried to update the firmware but it was already up to date. I am not sure what else to do?

105 REPLIES 105
Lukdn
Apprentice
Options

I've had this problem with the KW-950,

The KW-950 was identified by a tech to have an issue and Samsung have since replaced it under warranty with the Q90

Within 2 months of installing the Q90, the exact same issue occurred ( popping, rumbling etc )

reluctant to call support again and tell them their brand new replacement is also faulty, I sought advice jere

Since reviewing your comments, I tried repairing the sub, resetting the the soundbar but nothing works

I have just tried changing the wifi on the tv from 5ghz to 2.4ghz, instantly the issue was resolved!

I've been testing it for hours to make sure it wasn't a fluke

Im happy with the product, but also absolutely gutted that something so simple and main stream causes the issue

wtf was Samsung thinking, do they even have a QC division?

I literally have only my mobile on the 5ghz band in my house and the Samsung tv

I can't believe that having a Samsung tv on the same signal messes with the sub

that is a poor design

Lcw6612
Explorer
Options

Hi Lukdn,

Actually mine soundbar been solved, no more rumble sound from subwoofer. 

I had disabled 2.4 Ghz, only enable 5 GHz. All my electronic devices connected to 5 GHz network only. In my router setting, 

some of the option originally still showed "Auto" setting, i think you try to remove those "Auto" and choose inside one of the option, like 5 GHz, better use (N/AC mixed), bandwidth set as 20Mhz, then channel set as 48. I have attached my ASUS router setting photo. Hope it help u. 

Screenshot_20200605_191139.jpg

0 Likes
Lukdn
Apprentice
Options

It's working on 2.4ghz as of now

but I would like to revert back to 5ghz as my devices run much faster on that frequency 

I will give your solution a try

thanks for the details mate

0 Likes
skingg
Student
Options

Maybe I'm an isolated case but I feel like my random popping/crackle comes from the bar instead of the sub, although I can't be sure exactly. I'm on an older modem/router which is only 2.4Ghz and am having these issues. I've just checked and it was on 20 Mhz channels width with broadcasting set on auto. I've just set it to Channel 11 and will try again tomorrow if it resolves anything.

0 Likes
Creepshow
Apprentice
Options

This worked! It is finally fixed!!!! Someone tell Samsung how to fix this!

0 Likes
Chico76
Explorer
Options

Can't believe this whole team is smarter than Samsung. I still can't believe they have not fix this. Someone should really contact those *****s. I am done with them, my experience with this sound bar has been terrible until I met you all. 

thanks got the support guys!!

Vigetassj4
Apprentice
Options

if you have a s20 ultra you will encounter the same problems, its seems anything samsung on a 5g wifi (quoted as upper range 5.8ghz in soundbar manual) interferes with other samsung products that are 5g wifi. This is a big issue for me, as I can't just change my router settings to accommodate samsung.

Darkie_73
Journeyman
Options

I really,really hope that this mess is priority no. 1 on next FW update , never had to struggle this much to get a product working properly , without success i must add.

I tried everything: physical positions of sub/bar/router, wifi channels type and width, wifi frequency, re-pairing, updating...you name it.

A premium Soundbar that (doesn't) works like a sub-par budget system from an obscure brand.

Other soundbar i previously owned worked like a charm on the same home set-up.

Now i have to reset and pair everytime to get maybe 10 mins of "regular" SW output and repeat once the popping restarts.

This is REALLY bad.

I will re-try every advice posted in this really useful thread just out of blind hope, maybe some day someone at Samsung QA will wake up and take notice from the many,many,many reports of this problem from the WWW and find a solution.

0 Likes
Lcw6612
Explorer
Options

Hi Darkie_73,

Actually where u put ur subwoofer? Next to soundbar or next to ur sofa? 

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Hi..

That is not good when you must change something in your room to sonudbar works,no ??!! Listen now,my woofer is near router about 1 meter and it's work without issue,and my surround speakers is 7 meters from router and main unit and it's works nice till sunday when left surround speaker stop working and start blinking fast blue light...5 month everything works nice till sunday 7.06.2020 !! Now (10.06.2020) I just come from main Samsung service center Croatia and wait call when they fix that issue what happen to my Q90R soundbar... I'm very angry becouse that expensive product what I must bring to service so early from buying it... :fisted-hand:

0 Likes