Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q700A No Sound over Spotify Connect Wifi - FIXED

(Topic created on: 25-09-2021 02:17 PM)
Bright1
First Poster
Options

Update:

Fixed the problem. Turned everything off, restarted all devices swapped the Wi-Fi from using my extender to connecting directly to the router, deleted and re-added the soundbar and then it worked. Not sure what part of this made the difference but it fixed. I am not sure how to delete with post now but thank you if you did stop to read it.

Hello everyone,
I am wondering if anyone can help shed any light on this issue?
My HW-Q700A soundbar is connected on my home Wi-Fi with no problem, the smart things app finds it, Spotify lists it as a device and the soundbar display responds when it turns the volume up and down through both the apps. However, there is no sound from the bar at all in this mode.
Bluetooth audio connects with no issue so the bar definitely works, just not over Spotify and Wi-Fi.

Any suggestions would be welcome as it all appears to connect but with no sound.

Many thanks

47 REPLIES 47
Franci2
Pathfinder
Options

@Bright1Please for feedback to @ClemensRausch99 

0 Likes
alexwent
Explorer
Options

The only solution (short of Samsung actually doing something about it themselves) is to unplug the soundbar from the mains, wait a couple of minutes, then plug it in again. It's a primitive workaround, but then I am not paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, unlike Samsung executives. So you get what you get. Disappointing that there is no official response in this forum. 

Members_cBBQBXG
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Extremely annoying. Did Samsung ever take their responsibility admitting that this is their issue? You expect quality at this price and well, this ain't.

Software issues happens everywhere but the problem is that this has been around for months and it's still not even marked as an official bug that's being tracked/in progress to be solved in a proper way. 

Franci2
Pathfinder
Options

Hello @Members_cBBQBXG ,

Samsung claims that only 2 customers have reported the problem so far. They also indicate that the community is not a support for problems but only a platform for the exchange of customers among themselves. In order to solve the problem, a large number of customer reports are required, which are addressed directly to Samsung Support. If you would like to help solve the problem, please send an email to Samsung Support with a description of the problem.

Link German Samsung Community Thread: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/problem-soundbar-hw-q950a-gt-tonausfall-verzerrung-i... 

0 Likes
kkaranr
First Poster
Options

Im facing the same issue with my Q900a. Can anyone share a fix if any? 

0 Likes
Franci2
Pathfinder
Options

Hello @kkaranr ,

Samsung found the problem and now the solution is in the works. Follow the German thread link above for the latest information and future fix. There will be a software update in the second quarter of the year.

SamHeSung
First Poster
Options

I did a reset on my soundbar so it was removed from SmartThings on my phone and all that. I reconnected the Soundbar to my SmartThings but not to my TV over Wifi (I am using HDMI arc for the TV). Before there was a Wifi connection for the TV sound as well and I did not want that (I want HDMI arc for the TV, and then my phone only over wifi). Now when there is no Wifi connection to the TV, it seems to be working well. Have been trying to switch from my phone Spotify to the Soundbar several times so far with no issue. Let's see if it holds in the next coming days!

I got a HW-Q810A. In the SmartThing app, before the reset I had 2 TV sources to choose from (HDMI arc and Wifi), Bluetooth/This Phone, and regular HDMI. So a total of 4. After the reset when I chose not to do a Wifi connection for the TV sound, I now have 3 sources to choose from: HDMI arc, HDMI regular, Bluetooth/This Phone. If you are not using the TV sound over Wifi, then I think this setup will give you the least problems. I personally do not want TV sound over wifi, so this setup works great for me!

0 Likes
Brian K
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately it seems like this is only a Samsung Soundbar Wi-Fi related issue that needs to be fixed with a firmware update for all of their Soundbars. If you look on the Samsung sponsored community message boards there are hundreds of complaints about this same issue only people don’t realize it is the same. Some think it is Alexa causing the problem, others think Spotify, and others that it is their Wi-Fi signal. And since Samsung refuses to acknowledge the problem is their fault, it doesn’t help anyone make the connection. You don’t need to unplug your soundbar, you don’t even need to reset it, and the same goes with your tv and router. Alexa or Spotify don’t need anything changed on them either. To “fix” this, and I say that lightly because the problem does come back every couple of days, all you have to do is remove the device from your SmartThings app and then add it back again which will reinitialize and reconnect the Wi-Fi signal in the Soundbar. This is happening across the board with every model of Samsung Soundbar that uses Wi-Fi and still has not been resolved by their company, or again as I said earlier, they won’t even admit there is a problem from everything I’ve seen. I don’t use Spotify, or Alexa, and connect my Samsung QLED to my HW-Q700A using a high speed hdmi cable for the Dolby Atmos quality, so the soundbar connection is almost never a problem for me except when I try to change the advanced settings for the soundbar that are only available through the SmartThings app (which begs the question why the heck Samsung would put literally the only access to these 4 very useful settings in an app they are no longer supporting) but I was hoping to get the rear wireless Atmos 9500S surround kit to enjoy the full surround experience. But why would I pay $300 for speakers that will be constantly disconnected with no fix to this issue in sight? It’s very disappointing that Samsung won’t even acknowledge the problem exists or that it is theirs when this is happening to every single model of Soundbar they produce that uses Wi-Fi.

damzan
Journeyman
Options

I have the HW-Q950A for half a year now and the issue is still not fixed, there is no firmware update available that would fix it. Such a disappointment. After getting tired if power cycling the device I ultimately gave up on spotify wifi connection and I'm using bluetooth now instead. Samsung should really be ashamed for such a bad quality of a product and support. And potential customers should be informed that the Spotify feature just doesn't work properly. It's only useful as a tech demo in store.

0 Likes
Franci2
Pathfinder
Options

Hello everyone,

a software update to solve the problem was now available for download

(USB variant: 606.5 MB / SAT-iMX8M21WWC-1011.0.zip).

Here is the corresponding feedback from Samsung Support:

"Good day,

Thank you for your message and your frank words.

The firmware update for the error you described is now available. I would be happy to send you the version in advance:

https://hidrive.ionos.com/lnk/BNSzlGKB 

Please download the version and install it via USB stick. Please reset your soundbar afterwards. To do this, please press the "Plus" and "Minus" buttons at the same time for more than 5 seconds while the soundbar is switched on.

Thanks for your support

If you have any further questions, we are happy to help.

Kind regards from Schwalbach"

I then answered or asked whether this update will also be available over the air in the future.

I haven't had the opportunity to test the update the conventional way yet, but I'll try it in the next few days and hope that this will solve the problem and won't cause any new surprises ;-).

If one of you manages to test the update sooner, please report your experience.

Thanks in advance

Link German Samsung Community Thread:https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/problem-soundbar-hw-q950a-gt-tonausfall-verzerrung-i... 

0 Likes