Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q700A No Sound over Spotify Connect Wifi - FIXED

(Topic created on: 25-09-2021 02:17 PM)
Bright1
First Poster
Options

Update:

Fixed the problem. Turned everything off, restarted all devices swapped the Wi-Fi from using my extender to connecting directly to the router, deleted and re-added the soundbar and then it worked. Not sure what part of this made the difference but it fixed. I am not sure how to delete with post now but thank you if you did stop to read it.

Hello everyone,
I am wondering if anyone can help shed any light on this issue?
My HW-Q700A soundbar is connected on my home Wi-Fi with no problem, the smart things app finds it, Spotify lists it as a device and the soundbar display responds when it turns the volume up and down through both the apps. However, there is no sound from the bar at all in this mode.
Bluetooth audio connects with no issue so the bar definitely works, just not over Spotify and Wi-Fi.

Any suggestions would be welcome as it all appears to connect but with no sound.

Many thanks

47 REPLIES 47
Roberto Minelli
Apprentice
Options

Did you @Franci2 try to install that update manually? Did it solve the issue with Spotify Connect? 

0 Likes
Franci2
Pathfinder
Options

Yes, I'm installed it to my Soundbar Q950A. The Problem with the Sound are better.
But with the Firmware 1011.1 have some problme with the synchronisation between devicese, special by Podcasts

Look here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/problem-soundbar-hw-q950a-gt-tonausfall-verzerrung-i...

0 Likes
Mike the bike
First Poster
Options

Okey i know this thread is old but I finally fixed this nonsense. Lets see how long that lasts and I hope this helps someone, because it took me TOO long time with this "dumb things" app. Thanks to @NotSoWise for the tips on a different thread that almost fixed it.

0. Remove the soundbar from the smart things app.
1. Reset the soundbar WIFI (usually a small button under the bar)
2. Hold both the + and - on the soundbar for 5 sec to reset it.
3. Reinstall the soundbar in the smart things app - if not successful = update firmware, reinstall spotify, smart-things app and reset router.
4. Go to spotify, use spotify connect as usual and CRANK IT UP!

Viola! I dont know this is the right step to step fix - but it did it for me. Holy.....

0 Likes
damzan
Journeyman
Options

Mike, I doubt it, but let's see in 1 week if it still works.

Franci2
Pathfinder
Options

Your approach is not the solution. One solution would be to upgrade to 1011.1 which I mentioned earlier. Follow the link and you will find everything on this topic.

0 Likes
Mike the bike
First Poster
Options

Ok you guys were right, this has happened 2 timed since my last post. First time it just fixed itself when i unplugged it. But always when i switch between mac and iphone, the sound delays/isnt synced with spotify and then goes all quiet again, but spotify just continues on my phone. I have a Q810A.

Should i return it? I dont want new problems by installing new firmware…. This is fun!

0 Likes
arbenowskee
First Poster
Options

Sadly firmware update does not resolve the issue long term. 

0 Likes
arbenowskee
First Poster
Options

This seems to be an issue on all devices as far as I see. I just use bluetooth as it is straightforward. 

0 Likes