Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q700A No Sound over Spotify Connect Wifi - FIXED

(Topic created on: 25-09-2021 02:17 PM)
Bright1
First Poster
Options

Update:

Fixed the problem. Turned everything off, restarted all devices swapped the Wi-Fi from using my extender to connecting directly to the router, deleted and re-added the soundbar and then it worked. Not sure what part of this made the difference but it fixed. I am not sure how to delete with post now but thank you if you did stop to read it.

Hello everyone,
I am wondering if anyone can help shed any light on this issue?
My HW-Q700A soundbar is connected on my home Wi-Fi with no problem, the smart things app finds it, Spotify lists it as a device and the soundbar display responds when it turns the volume up and down through both the apps. However, there is no sound from the bar at all in this mode.
Bluetooth audio connects with no issue so the bar definitely works, just not over Spotify and Wi-Fi.

Any suggestions would be welcome as it all appears to connect but with no sound.

Many thanks

47 REPLIES 47
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Thanks for letting us know, @Bright1!

Members_41m5dG7
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with HW-Q950A, it worked at start but now there is no sound, it looks like it's working in the app, I can adjust volume over the app but no sound...Was this solved?And how?

damzan
Journeyman
Options

Same issue with HW-Q950A also for me. It used to play initially, now everytime I play the app says it's playing, smartthings also shows spotify as playing but there is no sound from soundbar

vowtek
Student
Options

Same thing here with my Q950A. Each time I do a factory reset, it seems like the problem is solved for some time, then comes back, especially if I try to swap the input between my opened TV and Spotify. Samsung support was of no help, and simply suggested to send the soundbar to them even though everything points towards a software related issue that multiple people are experiencing. Another similar issue is the lack of sound coming from rear speakers from time to time, that can only be solved by swapping the input to Bluetooth temporarily...

damzan
Journeyman
Options

For me it helps if I unplug the bar from electricity for a minute and plug it back it, that will make it work for another day or so, but eventually it goes back to spotify playing without sound. Note, a power-off/on from the remote does not help, you need to pull the plug from electricity and wait a couple of seconds.

vowtek
Student
Options

I agree that this works as well.. for a day or two. 😐

Neuralgia
Journeyman
Options

Slame Problem here with HW-Q900A Soundbar. After unplugging power it works for a couple of days. Seems like a software bug...hopefully Samsung is going to fix this since it is pretty annoying especially for a 900€ product.

Franci2
Pathfinder
Options

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/problem-soundbar-hw-q950a-gt-tonausfall-verzerrung-i...

I have the same topic/Problem in German country.  See the link 

Franci2
Pathfinder
Options

Hello again,

additional i open a community Topic by Spotify directly. That's the Link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Sound-loss-with-Wifi-and-Spotify-Connec...