Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to downgrade firmware version, because the Q90R with 1012.6 firmware has very low subwoofer

(Topic created on: 28-04-2021 07:36 AM)
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

I got the same problem as mentioned in the url

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/hw-q90r-soundbars-low-subwoofer-with-1012-6-firmware...

My Q90R soundbar got a very low subwoofer after updating firmware from 1010.5 to 1012.6,Lots of people who upgrade the firmware to 1012.6 have been suffering the absence of subwoofer。

Thanks you all.

13 REPLIES 13
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

If someone keeps the 1010.5 firmware and can share it would be great. I only keep the 1008 version which is without earc 😞

Should be possible with usb update to go back to previous version.

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

I actually found the link to the firmware, but usb firmware update doesn't start with older firmware. I assume there is some key combination to force it, but i don't know what it would be.

Link:  https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/202005/20200504085238019/SAT-HKA19WWC.zip

Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

I have tried this the same way mentioned by @ , it did not work.

0 Likes
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

go-go-go-go-go

0 Likes
djsaigon
First Poster
Options

I just purchased this Soundbar and the sub is super weak. Like barely noticeable at +6 weak. Is this just the product or a firmware issue?

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

@djsaigon depends on your firmware. if you are at 1012.6 most likely it is the firmware. Otherwise can be something else.

0 Likes
Pipes
Pioneer
Options

There is definitely a difference in the sub... And if others can't hear the difference then they should not be buying a $1500 sound system.. I'm all about sound quality and this is completely different. Samsung needs to be aware of this ASAP. 

0 Likes
Pipes
Pioneer
Options

Buyers beware... This new firmware has corrupted the Q90r subwoofer, so drastically, that it now sounds like I bought this  $1500 unit for my grandma, and plays it like she lives above the church she attends every Sunday while she's watching 2nd graders as they are on nap time....THAT is how loud this sub is now.... Samsung.. Fix what you obviously now know or have known about. As a long time customer and supporter to your products.. Do it for the people who are supportive to your products... This is a big disappointment. 

AVQw1k
Journeyman
Options

Samsung finally responded about this yesterday in th the US community forum. Said passed this issue to the engineers.

0 Likes