Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Freestyle connectivity

(Topic created on: 19-05-2023 06:00 AM)
catflap
Navigator
Options

How do I physically connect my Samsung 3D Blu-ray player as well as external USB drives to my freestyle projection TV? Not wirelessly. Not with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. But actually physically.

Go to solution
55 REPLIES 55
catflap
Navigator
Options

I have just ordered Anker PowerExpand 8 in 1 hub. I will report back with my results when I have it in a day or two.

0 Likes
catflap
Navigator
Options

I have just ordered Anker PowerExpand 8 in 1 hub. I will report back with my results when I have it in a day or two.

Johnlemusic
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have check and it works. You should be able to open up the usb connected to the hub. I have been able to play most video file formats: MKV, MP4, AVI. The media player also supports subtitles :smiling-face:

0 Likes
bartekb85
Apprentice
Options

do you have a freestyle charger or another more powerful one?
0 Likes
catflap
Navigator
Options

No I don't need it because it doesn't leave my home.

0 Likes
catflap
Navigator
Options

It's good to know but I have to wait to see that mine works. The delivery has been delayed for a few days so I won't have it until next week. But I will report back when I have it and have tested everything.

0 Likes
bartekb85
Apprentice
Options
but what I mean is that the standard one in the set is 65 W, the HUB itself will certainly consume a few watts to start up the frestyle may be missing
0 Likes
catflap
Navigator
Options

The technician of the store that I ordered it from told me that an external hard drive needs minimum 85 Watts and that that means would surely deliver at least that amount of power. So when The Hub is connected to the freestyle and then the means is connected to the hub it will have enough power. That wouldn't be an issue with a Blu-ray player because the Blu-ray player would be using its own power supply.

0 Likes
catflap
Navigator
Options

I'm not sure that I was clear. I just want you to know that the Hub that I bought has 85 watt delivery and the technician said that is enough to power a portable external hard drive.

0 Likes