Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD-VR375 bricked after Firmware update

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 10:51 PM)
jb_wanted
First Poster
Options

Hello!

I have a DVD-VR375/XEF version and tried to update Firmware for XAA version from here https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/dvd-player-dvd-vr375

I did not notice that DVD player versions are different. After the update there is no more picture on a display at all on all the outputs - HDMI, SCART, Video-out. Nevertheless device seems alive, as it loads VHS, DVD and plays them. Small display also shows some messages as ON, OFF, VHS, DVD, SETUP.

I did update from 0.080417.01.DVD-VR375/XEF to 2.090528.00.VR375_XAA version, even did a picture of my update. How is it possible to solve my issue? Is there somewhere old Firmware available for my device?

I checked my mainboard. It is AK41-00820A. What would happen if I'd replace it with AK92-01559A? Are those compatible?

IMG_5253.jpegIMG_5255.jpegIMG_5254.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
burt8810
First Poster
Options

I'm sorry this will be of no help for your problem but I posted the following about 2 weeks ago with no helpful responses:

"I have a DVD-VR375 combo DVD-VHS recorder player. It was mfg. Dec 2009 but has hardly ever been used. It will do all functions EXCEPT copy DVD content to VHS. It acts like the DVD is copy protected but it is NOT. I created the content and burned the DVD.

I found a firmware update on the Samsung web site. I have gotten conflicting information on how to apply the update. It seems Samsung thinks I need to burn the update to a CD or DVD (they don't seem sure which is correct and I have tried both) and put it into the unit. All that happens is a "loading" message for a while then the drawer opens and the message "This disc can neither be played or recorded".

At one point they said to put on a USB stick except the 375 does NOT have a USB socket.

Tech support has given up.

Does anyone know how to do the firmware update?

Thanks for any help I may receive."

**** HOW DID YOU GET THE UPDATE TO START ?? ****

Herb

0 Likes