Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't cast to The Freestyle from most mobile apps

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 02:26 PM)
StarflakeOne
Student
Options

I bought The Freestyle the other day, but I have already stumbled upon an issue.

The device is configured correctly, so that is not the problem. But out of 15 mobile apps (I have the latest versions installed on both my S23 Ultra and S8 Tab Ultra), only two (YouTube and Netflix) are showing the option to cast to The Freestyle. All of the apps can cast to my Chromecast (including HBO Max, VLC, Prime Video, LinkedIn Learning and more)

This is quite disappointing to be honest. Is there a solution, or should I return the device?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@StarflakeOne: I'm not too sure what could be causing this limitation, although it may be the case that you are required to have the relevant apps installed on the Freestyle in order for the casting option to show up. As a workaround, you may wish to head to Home > Media > Apps, and download the applications directly to the Freestyle. You also have the option of swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom on your S23 Ultra or Tab S8 Ultra, and utilising Smart View to mirror the contents of the app from your mobile devices to the Freestyle. 

If you have an HDMI to USB-C adapter, then you can connect directly to the Freestyle in this manner, and use DeX mode to mirror the apps. 

StarflakeOne
Student
Options

Thank you so much for your answer. Installing the apps to The Freestyle was not helping to being able to cast unfortunately. However, the Smart View is an option I can live with as a workaround as the micro-HDMI port will be used with my Xbox Series S.

0 Likes