Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay from Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 29-10-2021 04:29 PM)
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just bought a new Xbox Series X console and have it wired into my new Samsung Q90T 2020 TV through the game port and then wired via HDMI  EARC port into my Q800T soundbar. 

On setting the console to Dolby Atmos there is a significant audio delay from the soundbar which cannot be rectified through the sync settings on the soundbar or the TV. 

I have Netflix on the TV and my satellite box set up also through EARC and there is no issue but the is significant issue with the Xbox sound sync which is quite frankly infuriating. 

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a fix? I have spent a lot of money on a new home cinema set up and cannot watch blu rays because of this. 
191 REPLIES 191
Stockdogg
Apprentice
Options

He and I were solely talking about the Atmos lag, I think, on Xbox. 

0 Likes
Stockdogg
Apprentice
Options

For you and Keith…it does work!!!! At least it’s working now. I booted everything up and my soundbar is showing Atmos, with no delay!!!!! ShArc confirms that, at least for this play session, eliminates the lag on allows Dolby Atmos!!!!  
  Don’t know why it suddenly started working though, so i know I’m not out of the woods yet. But promising! 

0 Likes
airlung
Apprentice
Options

So great for u it worked! But did u say the delay came back if u turned off earc and use arc for normal Dobly digital instead of atoms?

0 Likes
Stockdogg
Apprentice
Options

I’ll get back to you on this. Pretty much exclusively use Atmos. Jim, from Thenaudio helped me via email. Definitely a different experience than you had. He said the lag is absolutely removable. 

0 Likes
EderTenorio
Apprentice
Options

one thing is for sure, if Samsung doesn't fix this sound delay error on tv i will definitely never buy a samsung TV again, i will buy lg/sony or whatever but the q80t will be my last samsung tv.

keithfkelly
Journeyman
Options

They won't fix it, because they can't fix it, because it's a hardware shortcoming.  They cheaped out on the processor that does the decoding/reencoding; it's too slow.  No firmware/software update can possibly fix it.

0 Likes
airlung
Apprentice
Options

Thx man, strange why they answer the same question differently😅😅but it doesn’t matter if it works 

0 Likes
Maurice10
Student
Options

Still having problems anyone solved it yet? stuttering sound and delay sound on xbox sx with amp Denon Atmos. i have a 95A 2021 model. 

Or do we need to wait for a 4k 120fps VRR splitter? 

0 Likes
Nick Vrud
First Poster
Options

I noticed this problem when I swapped my HDMI to go directly to the TV (Samsung Q70T) from my Series X. My receiver (Denon AVR-X3400H) didn't support 4K @ 120Hz, but the TV did...so I plugged my Series X directly into my TV with a good HDMI 2.1 cable...and then noticed the audio lag same as everyone here. My AVR is connected via HDMI eARC and that's where the TV audio output is pointed.

I fixed the audio lag issue by going into "Sound" setting on my Samsung TV, then "Expert settings", and swapping the "Digital Audio Output Format" to "Pass-through". Fixed it immediately.

Somehow it's swapping back to "auto" when my Series X is turned off and Game Mode deactivates on the TV...so that's a plus. Occasionally I'll notice it reverts back to "auto" and I have to force it pack to pass through, but it's rare.

Hope it helps someone?

0 Likes
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

My pass through option is greyed out

0 Likes