Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 26-04-2018 11:19 AM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
SuperSly001
First Poster
Options

I had this problem years ago, then a firmware update fixed it.  Then just a month ago - new firmware out of nowhere broke it again.  Called Samsung - they did the usual try a new HDMI cable, reset everything, etc - then passed me to level 2 who just sent me a text message saying I was out of warranty. They break the TV through a firmware update then tell me to buy a new one.

Thankfully unplugging from the electric outlet seems to work - my next tv will be an LG which just works.  Samsung products are not well supported.  Thanks for this thread!

0 Likes
bob1057
Student
Options

Update…I recently bought a Bose sound bar. Same issue as the reviver. 2 days ago I tried an 8k hdmi cable.  So far the sound bar is staying connected.  

I don’t know why Samsung does not have a response.  And unplugging all devices and the power every day is not a fix.  I will never buy another Samsung tv.  They have lost a customer forever.

0 Likes
akaVintz
Journeyman
Options

I am gutted, i brought a 4k onkyo reciever to replace my old amp and a qled 55 screen. Ive jad nothing but a bloody headache with this setup. My resolution is a smart power switch on the amp to power cycle it when required. I actually thought it was the amp at fault but interestingly it seems to be the tv!

Im debating buying a samsung amp 😞

0 Likes
dudusandi
First Poster
Options

I found the solutions, is not the perfect solution but always work.. You need turn on TV always on AV port, and for this you can enable hospitality mode.. Turn on TV and with remote controller with IR, not the bluetooth controller! enter: MUTE > 1 > 1 > 9 > ENTER : and turn on hospitality, after that go to power on and power on source and set to AV, after turn off and turn on tv and disable Autorun SmartHub and AutorunLastApp, and this solve the HDMI CEC problem, I'm never need turn on my HT again..  If you use HT with HDMI ARC (Not eArc) dont enable eArc on the settings!!

• IMG_0722.jpegIMG_0723.jpegIMG_0724.jpeg
0 Likes
bob1057
Student
Options

Can you provide more details?  I don’t have numbers on my tv’s remote?….

0 Likes
dudusandi
First Poster
Options

You can use the smartphone remote in Samsung App. 

0 Likes
Kraqur
First Poster
Options

2023 and still no solution for this? My 80in Samsung tv does this exact same thing and keeps dropping arc.

Samsung tv connected to Samsung sound bar that's connected to an nvidia shield and keep loosing arc on tv. Now having issues on the brand new samsung soundbar.  And my samsung smart fridge the ice maker keeps freezing over..

I'm done with samsung products.  I've been a loyal customer for years. Even writing this on a samsung phone. But I'm done with the brand as a hole. I will say ive never had issues with the phones, but everything else they make is garbage.  In the future I'll try another brand, I'm dont giving money to Samsung 

0 Likes
bob1057
Student
Options

5 years ago I created this post.  I have tried 2 different receivers and 1 sound bar.  All 3 have had the same results.  They work for a little while and then they go into an HDMI state of funk.  All three also work just fine on other tvs, LG, TCL, Sony.....all three work just fine on anything but a Samsung.  hmmmm....root cause SAMSUNG.  There have been 316 other posts of the same thing 2018 and the only thing SAMSUNG says is to power it off and power it back on with the plug in the back.  (BTW this is called a workaround not a fix).  You have lost me as a customer till then end of my days.  Samsun you have 7 days to send a full refund for your defective tv or I will NEVER buy another Samsung product again because you stuff does not work and when it break you don't care enough to fix it.  I realize I will not hear from them but I think I have to give them one more shot to acknowledge it is broken and make it right.    This product is  defective.  I have 9 tv in my home.  and only my Samsung is defective.  If Samsung cares they can find me to fix it.  Fix it for the 316 other people that have replied to this thread.  Build quality products and stand behind the quality or you will loose customers.  This will be my last post on this thread.  I appreciate all that have tried to help and tried to get them to resolve this issue.  

0 Likes
TopCatUK
Apprentice
Options
Adding to this, I have this issue. I have discoverer that my Icecrypt satellite box was the culprit. Connecting it via SCART has fixed the issue but obviously that is now obsolete on lots of devices. But if you have that option.
0 Likes
Sick of Sam Sung
First Poster
Options

Yep, I’ve trawled through the entire list and still no reasonable answer. I thought it was my Yamaha receiver that was the problem. Changed the receiver but it turns out it’s the TV. This is the last time I buy a Samsung.

0 Likes