Did you mean: 

Original topic:

AKG Y500 Headphones bluetooth cutting out

(Topic created on: 10/06/21 15:05)
Griff777
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

I have the Samsung AKG Y500 Headphones (about 1.5 years now). In pristine condition and still love them, however, every 3 minutes or so, the bluetooth will completely cut out and I have to repair them with the device. 

Is there something I can do to stop the signal from cutting out? It happens even when they are fully charged. Put's a downer on music listening 

8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Voyager
Options
Audio & Video
Make sure your Bluetooth headset has enough battery power.

Bluetooth headphones have a tendency to periodically disconnect when they are low on battery.

Try unpairing your headphones and then re-pairing them with your phone.

Check other Bluetooth apps connected
Running in background
Griff777
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

Thanks for replying, Steve. The bluetooth still cuts out even when they are fully charged 😞 

Each time they cut out, I have to go through the process of repairing them, so i'm not sure what else I need to do? I don't use any other bluetooth gadgets so I don't think anything would be interfering? 

xSteveuk
Voyager
Options
Audio & Video
Could be as you say 1.5 years old

Need more updated headphones
To work with updated phone
0 Likes
Griff777
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

Phone's not been updated.....1.5 years isn't old 😐 bought the phone and the headphones at the same time

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video
Male sure to disable/uninstall any apps/services that you do not use, as well as those that are CPU intensive. Also, have you dropped the headphones at any point? That could be a valid reason for the cutting out, is that the Bluetooth module inside the headphones is not 'fully connected'.
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Audio & Video
In BT settings go to advanced and turn on dual audio, also, if you use an s pen turn off air actions. Lastly close background apps you don't need.
Griff777
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

Thanks for all the replies, I will try the above mentioned and hope for the best! I forgot to add, I usually pair it with my chromebook and listen to spotify from that, but will make sure there isn't anything extra running on there while i'm doing so 

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video
If the above don't work or if you are unsatisfied, I am selling a couple of y500s I won as part of giveaways! :).
Also, I am selling a brand new pair of N60NC headphones (also won from a giveaway) that is RRP £270 for £100! Links are below :).

Hi, look what I've just found on Shpock: https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/i/YD5WUwHMyyF8Ocve/new-samsung-akg-y500-bluetooth-headphones

Hi, look what I've just found on Shpock: https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/i/YLoc4_vf4XVZelIz/samsung-akg-n60nc-noise-cancelling-headphones
0 Likes