Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AKG Y500 Headphones bluetooth cutting out

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 04:23 PM)
Griff777
Apprentice
Options

I have the Samsung AKG Y500 Headphones (about 1.5 years now). In pristine condition and still love them, however, every 3 minutes or so, the bluetooth will completely cut out and I have to repair them with the device. 

Is there something I can do to stop the signal from cutting out? It happens even when they are fully charged. Put's a downer on music listening 

9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Make sure your Bluetooth headset has enough battery power.

Bluetooth headphones have a tendency to periodically disconnect when they are low on battery.

Try unpairing your headphones and then re-pairing them with your phone.

Check other Bluetooth apps connected
Running in background
Griff777
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for replying, Steve. The bluetooth still cuts out even when they are fully charged 😞 

Each time they cut out, I have to go through the process of repairing them, so i'm not sure what else I need to do? I don't use any other bluetooth gadgets so I don't think anything would be interfering? 

xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Could be as you say 1.5 years old

Need more updated headphones
To work with updated phone
0 Likes
Griff777
Apprentice
Options

Phone's not been updated.....1.5 years isn't old 😐 bought the phone and the headphones at the same time

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Male sure to disable/uninstall any apps/services that you do not use, as well as those that are CPU intensive. Also, have you dropped the headphones at any point? That could be a valid reason for the cutting out, is that the Bluetooth module inside the headphones is not 'fully connected'.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In BT settings go to advanced and turn on dual audio, also, if you use an s pen turn off air actions. Lastly close background apps you don't need.
Griff777
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for all the replies, I will try the above mentioned and hope for the best! I forgot to add, I usually pair it with my chromebook and listen to spotify from that, but will make sure there isn't anything extra running on there while i'm doing so 

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If the above don't work or if you are unsatisfied, I am selling a couple of y500s I won as part of giveaways! :).
Also, I am selling a brand new pair of N60NC headphones (also won from a giveaway) that is RRP £270 for £100! Links are below :).

Hi, look what I've just found on Shpock: https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/i/YD5WUwHMyyF8Ocve/new-samsung-akg-y500-bluetooth-headphones

Hi, look what I've just found on Shpock: https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/i/YLoc4_vf4XVZelIz/samsung-akg-n60nc-noise-cancelling-headphones
0 Likes
melonwalen
First Poster
Options

Make sure that no other multimedia devices are connected to the smartphone, for example, a portable speaker. Moreover, it does not matter with which interface they are connected — the smartphone can catch interference from devices connected via Bluetooth, as well as through other interfaces. For example, I personally trust the steelseries siberia 200 wired headphones, with which I can enjoy the game that I love to the fullest. By the way, is anyone else playing DOTA here?

0 Likes