Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 05:19 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

Go to solution
304 REPLIES 304
Pipes
Pioneer
Options

Anyways the TV is a Samsung 7400 with no upscaling actually it upscales to 4K all the time but I don't believe this has anything to do with the smart thing app from my phone to the TV then to the soundbar again I could be wrong

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

I cannot understand why so many have had issues with the firmware.  Have had 1012.6 firmware for ages and never had issues with any firmware updates. 

0 Likes
Pipes
Pioneer
Options

I understand you have no issues with the firmware no if you have any input that can help me out that would be appreciated or if anyone could acknowledge that I have no blue light on my rear right speaker and the code error says RR NG as well 000.00 when it should read 136.0

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Its most likely you developed a fault. My one got locked into D.in mode, so got it replaced. Then  my woofer would not pair at all. Swapped it over with my orginal woofer and worked. Been working well ever since.

One thing you can try is swap the speaker and see if its doing it on both

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

@denodan wrote:

This is why you don't update, as they are beta updates if you download from website. There is a good delay before they come to smart things as they are usually the finished update and out of beta stage

This is untrue. The fact that publishing on the website and through SmartThings app happen at different moments does not mean that firmware packages published on Samsung website are "beta".

The previous firmware (1010.5, if I remember well) was published on the SmartThings app BEFORE it appeared on Samsung website, so what?

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

@pepsinio wrote:

Thanks. Interesting what is the pattern then. @mauromol  what TV/Receivers do you use? Any upsampling enabled?

TV/Receiver doesn't make any difference, the upgrade process is just a soundbar process. Perhaps your subwoofer didn't update correctly or cannot communicate correctly with the main unit. Try to repeat the firmware upgrade procedure from scratch using the USB method, by following the procedure exactly (with particular regards to the subwoofer upgrade part). Check the subwoofer led is solid blue. Try to disable your router 5 GHz wifi network, restart your soundbar (unplug all of its components and replug) and see if anything changes: if it does, perhaps there's an interference problem, so try to change your router channel before you re-enable the 5 GHz network (someone here suggested not to use DFS channels).

Otherwise contact Samsung and, if they say they have to replace your unit, let them do that.

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

@mauromol thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately it is not possible to re-apply firmware. I tried resetting it, but it did not help. Indeed i can send it for repair but it will be super difficult to explain how it sounded before and after hence need to find good test setup in order to prove it. I know it will be long and painful process which i am not looking forward to. Especially the fact that it will cost me personal time and transport to send it over. I keep it only as last resort.

0 Likes
Janitorus
Pathfinder
Options

@pepsinio it is very unfortunate that we cannot forcefully downgrade the firmware ourselves. Think very hard whether you want to go down this rabbit hole and start troubleshooting or just return it while you still can. Q70/80/90 firmware is buggy. I just had my Q80 motherboard replaced for a different issue (audio pop/click) and it did not solve it. Hours of testing, troubleshooting and extra money spent. I'm betting that since eARC (1010.5) things went south, whatever happened there.

There's no difference between smart things or direct website download when it comes to firmwares. I'd even think they are both the same beta firmware in a way 🤣

0 Likes
Soussi
Journeyman
Options

afaik you can just reflash it with latest firmware via usb. If recetting does not work (recet + unplug all of them for half hour) and making sure there is no interference with the speakers,  than i guess you have a hardware problem. That latest firmware is a good one so it is rlly not the problem with the firmware.

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

Thanks @Janitorus . Sorry to hear that in your case things didn't work out for the better. It is really unfortunate.

Otherwise you have a point indeed. I might bundle it with the other issue which i have since day 1 (bluetooth sound is lagging) and try my luck with the RMA process. The biggest spent is personal time which to me costs the most. 

@Soussi  the latest firmware may not be a problem for you, but for other perhaps is. I am dead sure it started since latest firmware update.  I understand the excitement that this Sound bar finally lives up to the initial expectation on purchase day for number of people, but others are still struggling to reach that nirvana moment :smiling-face:  

0 Likes