Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart tag 2 Battery Beeping Noise

(Topic created on: 12-01-2024 01:49 PM)
NYMM
Pioneer
Options
Hi, I've had my smart tag 2 for about 3 months now and have noticed it will randomly beep throughout the day at least every few minutes. Fyi this isnt the beeping noise it makes when you press the button. Its the 3 tone noise when you've inserted the battery. Its happened recently but was fine for the first few weeks i had it.

Ive taken it out and cleaned the battery to make sure theres nothing in the way of the contacts even checked for debris inside the tag but nothing. Its a shame as my previous tag did not have this issue. Anyone have this issue? And what did you do about it
18 REPLIES 18
Lineguy
First Poster
Options

I have 2 tags. They both make the battey beep randomly while on my key ring with a key fob. Replaced batteries and all other suggestions. When I remove them from the keys they no longer beep randomly. Hope this helps. 

AndreaRN
Apprentice
Options

I solved the same problem changing the battery. Original batteries are not fully charged. 

0 Likes
AndreaRN
Apprentice
Options

Same problem solved with a new battery. 

0 Likes
AndreaRN
Apprentice
Options

I solved the same problem changing the battery. Original batteries are not fully charged

0 Likes
DJPalmis
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here: Is there any fix?  is it a faulty hardware design?

0 Likes
NYMM
Pioneer
Options
Yeah it is. My tag has started doing it again.
0 Likes
Laura DB
First Poster
Options

I previously had the original smart tag and had no issues. But I recently purchased the smart tag 2 a three pack and two out of the three are doing random beeping constantly. Every time there's movement, I've changed the battery and I've cleaned it but the issue still occurs.

NYMM
Pioneer
Options
Its the way they are built. Its a design flaw. Only thing you can do is hope it dont beep😂
0 Likes
mytwo
First Poster
Options
I've replaced the battery in my tag but it's not being located on smart things. Can't ring it. Says Peters is fine but it just isn't working
0 Likes