Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart tag 2 Battery Beeping Noise

(Topic created on: 12-01-2024 01:49 PM)
NYMM
Pioneer
Options
Hi, I've had my smart tag 2 for about 3 months now and have noticed it will randomly beep throughout the day at least every few minutes. Fyi this isnt the beeping noise it makes when you press the button. Its the 3 tone noise when you've inserted the battery. Its happened recently but was fine for the first few weeks i had it.

Ive taken it out and cleaned the battery to make sure theres nothing in the way of the contacts even checked for debris inside the tag but nothing. Its a shame as my previous tag did not have this issue. Anyone have this issue? And what did you do about it
15 REPLIES 15
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
Have you tried a new battery?
NYMM
Pioneer
Options
I have not since i didnt think the battery needed to be replaced but I've done a factory reset again and so far it seems to be okay their are a lot of others with the same issue as me online (check reddit) it appears the conatct inside struggles from what i can see to well make contact. Seems like a build quality issue...
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The supplied battery is pretty poor, I tend to replace them upon setup.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
NYMM
Pioneer
Options
Which battery would you reccomend? Tbh compared to my smart tag + this battery has still been on full despite the random beeps.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Duracell CR2032, I got a 12 pack from Costco.

This time I noted the date (1st Nov 23), so at least I can determine how long the battery has lasted, still showing as sufficient.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
NYMM
Pioneer
Options
Appreciate it. My smart tag+ had them and only lasted 3 months by the end of the year I'd gone through 4 of them hopefully this will be far better if this annoying beep stops
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My ST1 was replaced on 3rd Dec 23, used purely for automation, switch off and on gaming monitor and laptop power, showing as sufficient power.

My ST2 ×4 are pure tracking for keys, cars and family.

NYMM
Pioneer
Options
Thats neat!
C02SpitFire
First Poster
Options

Thats what happened to me take it out of power saving mode and It should stop my battery is @ 90% never changed it.