Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does having a Bluetooth keyboard casue more battery drain?

(Topic created on: 09-11-2023 03:19 PM)
Jammy97
Navigator
Options
Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 tablet device. As you know it has Dex. I'm just wondering if I get a Bluetooth keyboard it'll cause battery drain more than the regular pop in one from Samsung. [Keyboard clips in and you attach the back. Rather than setting it up through Bluetooth]. 

So I was wondering if you could advise me?

Thank you very much. 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'd wager it'll use more battery power, however I'm doubtful the difference would be that significant.
BassDriven
Explorer
Options
It should use Bluetooth low energy which shouldn't noticeably drain your battery.
Jammy97
Navigator
Options
But then if you lose Internet would the Bluetooth still work? Also does Bluetooth drain Internet speed? Sorry for the questions lol.
0 Likes
BassDriven
Explorer
Options
Bluetooth is different to wifi so yes
BassDriven
Explorer
Options
It could interfere with your wifi if you're using 2.4ghz but for a keyboard it's very unlikely
Jammy97
Navigator
Options
Thank you very much
0 Likes
Jammy97
Navigator
Options
Thank you for the information as I was unsure. Thank you for your help
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Bluetooth will have no effect on or by your Internet connectivity. The connections use completely different components. Bluetooth itself is typically interference free as it uses a technology called Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS), where signals can only be deciphered by the sending and receiving Bluetooth devices.
0 Likes
liberurtz
Student
Options

Don't worry. I have a solution.

Bluetooth keyboard impact on tablet battery minimal, check for sleep/auto-off feature, monitor battery usage for noticeable difference.

0 Likes