Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and paste using S pen pro

(Topic created on: 27-08-2021 03:28 PM)
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Hi all , my S pen pro  works seamlessly between S21 Ultra and Tab S7 + but so far I can't work out how to use copy and paste using S pen , it's only working using the usual clipboard method ?
Any ideas or are we waiting on software update ? 
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@Easty: If you tap and hold on some text, drag the S Pen to adjust the highlighted area, then lift up the pen, does a menu appear at the top of the screen with Cut, Copy, Paste and Clipboard options? 

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Hi , yes it does , but the s pen pro is supposed to have built in memory for copy and paste ? thats what i was asking about
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
So on multi screen you can drag and drop between apps ( pictures and text ) , is that what they're talking about for Bluetooth copy and paste ?
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Easty: There is a drag and drop option in the app multi window mode, but it should also be possible to copy an item, and paste it to another device, with the S Pen Pro utilising Bluetooth to complete the process. Have you tried copying an item on your S21 Ultra, then heading to your Tab S7 and selecting 'Paste'? 

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Yes but it just brings up copy clipboard? Might be different after next update
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Yes but it copies straight to clipboard ? Doesn't seem to be anyway around it ? Will the software update fix this ? Which devices are you doing this on ?
Also , why doesn't the s pen connect to 2 devices at once? It's a pain keep waiting for the slow connection process and annoying animation .
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Working now
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Seem to have issues swopping from S21 to Tab S7 , won't always connect to Tab S7 ? Have tried deleting and re connecting , still plays up tho ?
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
ReMeR13
First Poster
Options

How does it work? I can't get it to copy to pen memory either... 

0 Likes