Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Return Charger Under Warranty

(Topic created on: 12-07-2022 08:47 AM)
TrisM
Apprentice
Options

I have two chargers  (Power Adapter Model: EP-TA220) purchased through the Samsung store. I only received them on 26th April 2022, and now they are both faulty. I have spent endless hours being bounced around on phone call to customer service (technical, store and warranty departments) but no success. I have also attempted using the Live Chat but that too proved useless.

The end result is that no department in Samsung support has any ability to issue a return for a charger that was bought separately (did not come boxed with the phone). Samsung store keeps repeating my Statutory rights in that I can't return anything even if faulty after 14 days cooling off. What the hell is going on Samsung?

Chargers carry a 12 month warranty and I would like this simply swapped out for working ones. 

I purchased the chargers on the same order as my S22+ for which I have still been unable to claim my Disney+ offer for very similar reasons as above, no department to actually actions this, also wasting hours of my time. 

As a last resort I will need to take this further with Trading Standards, as this is a complete violation Consumer Rights Act 2015.  This is my last resort before taking this further,

8 REPLIES 8
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
We're only customers on here like you, the only reason a shop can refuse to exchange within 12 months is if you can't prove you purchased from them ie. the receipt, you purchased them pre-used or you've swapped it out for a fake one bought for a quid off ebay etc..

Are you wanting a refund or swap like for like.

My experience with all online and retail outlets is they are classed as different companies as in if you purchased from a store that's where you take it back to.
0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Try the Facebook social media team
0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
As in samsungs social media team on Facebook
0 Likes
TrisM
Apprentice
Options

These are legit chargers, bought from Samsung store. Serial numbers on them match my order email and on Samsung Store website. No discrepancies there, except Samsung not providing a facility to replace under warranty

0 Likes
TrisM
Apprentice
Options

Thanks will do

0 Likes
Members_VgZNPy8
First Poster
Options

I have EXACTLY the same issue bought at same time no not working anfd have been told as they werent supplied with the phone (which no samsung is now!!!) they only have 6 months warranty what an absolute joke. I was also told that the website is wrong and shouldnt say 12 months what is going on !!!! Did you ever get anywhere with these numb skulls ? i have an s23+ on order amnd thinking ill cancel as cant be bothered with all this over a charger that i bought so i could fast charge my S22+ seeing they dont supply one !!! 

0 Likes
Mufi_t
First Poster
Options
Has anyone been able to claim or get warranty for their travel adapter?
Mine is busted 2 months after buying from samsung store & they saying we cant repair or replace (as its beyond 14 days of purchase)
0 Likes
TrisM
Apprentice
Options
Nope, Samsung are just lying thieving deceiving in this instance.
0 Likes