Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Accessibility Features Do You Use?

(Topic created on: 18-11-2022 09:25 PM)
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Hey all,

This is more of a curiosity thing, as Accessibility options don't seem to get much spotlight. We don't tend to speak about what's there, but we know some of the features are crucial for some people to be able to use their devices.

Of course, if you're not comfortable mentioning the reasons why you use what you do, then please don't feel obliged. I myself only really use the Eye Comfort Shield, so that the screen isn't as fierce at night, but this isn't 'quite' an Accessibility feature.

This is a new section for the community, so if we can make your lives easier with these types of features, let us know!

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

19 REPLIES 19
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @SocietyGirl, I Remove animations and Reduce transparency and blur to lower the risk to my Epilepsy. Also, the Adaptive brightness and Motion smoothness benefit the same, together with the Eye Comfort Shield you use. Unfortunately, I find that the impact on people with epilepsy is rarely considered for new visual technology.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @SocietyGirl  personally I do not need many specific Accessibility Features but obviously they are beneficial for a section of society and important that needs are considered.  I do tend to use the Eye Comfort shield in the evening and I also use a fairly large font (with being a bit short sighted)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

dembow
Explorer
Options
Not sure if this qualifies, but I use the Adapt Sound feature with my Buds 2 Pro. I believe this is an exceptional feature as it helps restore certain details in music I've been missing as a stubborn iPhone + AirPods user. As we age hearing degradation is inevitable, but I'm grateful for being able to continue enjoying music thanks to Samsung's clever implementation and innovation in audio products.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Extra dim and sound adapt for awesome sound especially with headphones like the NC bose700
danx55
Voyager
Options
removed blur for me... tried animations too... but later turned that back on
Neo001
Legend
Options

It seems a new feature ( useful functions clubbed together) has been made available as part of Accessibility in S22 series as part of Nov 2022 patch. 

Screenshot_20221118_221620_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
Jem62
Journeyman
Options
Hi there, a bit late to the party. I use adapt sound, I've bought several generations of Samsung phone specifically because adapt sound helps compensate for my poor hearing. HOWEVER I now find that my hearing is so bad that I only hear about three of the beeps during the whole test - despite only having "moderate" hearing problems. This means it boosts all frequencies across the board, which really isn''t helpful. C'mon Samsung, can you change it so that, for instance, if you don't hear a beep at a particular frequency it re-tries at higher volumes? I realise the test might then take longer, so maybe make the more thorough test optional so only for those that need it. [edited to remove excess line-feeds]
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Great feedback from all, we are reading your replies, so thanks so far!

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
Tumppi
Explorer
Options

I use extra dim and magnification, not always, but sometimes and eye comfort and adapt sound, last two are not accessibility feature.