Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 30-09-2018 02:30 PM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
Mjølner
Journeyman
Options

Here's the kicker. I talked to a telia salesman (a service provider here in norway, even though I have Telenor instead) and he said the S3 armbands should fit on the 46mm Galaxy Watch. I haven't tried it, it's a "cheap" fix, and still - Samsung can't be arsed to send me one. I could use the frontier leather armband or the metal wristband, IDGAF - but no, "this is your problem". No it's not.

I'm taking this one step further now. Media. A slap on the wrist is not enough, they need some bad PR in order to wake up.

0 Likes
Joanne1978
First Poster
Options

Ive had mine a couple of weeks and ive started developing this, right under the back of the watch facia. Help pleaseIve had mine a couple of weeks and ive started developing this, right under the back of the watch facia. Help please

0 Likes
ChrysFitness
Apprentice
Options

Nylon strap with circular letter tapeNylon strap with circular letter tape

So this is my setup for my watch I have letter adhesive tape around the sensors and a nylon watch strap from Amazon.

Fintie Band Compatible with Galaxy Watch 46mm / Gear S3 Frontier Classic Smartwatch, 22mm Lightweight Breathable Nylon Replacement Sport Loop Wrist Strap for Men Women - Black [Small] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07999SR49/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MjkbCbAYBSQ0X

I've had zero problems with rash or anything rash related since the switch. Both things cost me combined $20 to replace, the original band just isn't good for people that get reactions to metal or that material. The band I have comes in multiple colors. Everyone that is complaining about paying a little extra to fix your problem, Well it's clear Samsung doesn't really care and this is the solution I've found that works best for me while still giving me the functionality of the sensors.

0 Likes
AllGreenEveryth
First Poster
Options

This too is also happening to me.... the rash showed up or I noticed it today... I have the latest galaxy watch and it is causing a very uncomfortable rash/burn... what is being done about this?!?!... I need answers...20181206_132919.jpg

20181206_132909.jpg

0 Likes
Celtictigress
First Poster
Options

That is exactly why I joined the forum.  I love my watch but my arm looks awful!line_1544393315161.jpg

20181209_220759.jpg

0 Likes
Irishroyal79
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue .I have the rash in the same spot on top of wrist under watch. I also have the same model. But I have a second worse rash where the band lays on the inside of my left wrist. The rash on top of my wrist is just itchy, but the one on the inside of the wrist is actually cracking and feels like a cut anytime I wash my hands or shower. But especially if I forget and use hand sanitizer or I tried putting some lotion/ointment to help heal and it stung like hell. Not wearing the watch a few days but right now it's been 48 hours since I've worn it and it's not really getting better. I'd say if anything it's more tender. Inside of left wrist painful rash. Irritation on top of wrist under watch itself is just red and itchingInside of left wrist painful rash. Irritation on top of wrist under watch itself is just red and itching

0 Likes
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Irishroyal79

I’ve sent you a PM with some tips and precautions regarding the use of your watch. Do take a look when you can! 

0 Likes
DaveP
Apprentice
Options

15448831881227275419353737616967.jpg

15448832316577001288310078949945.jpg

Same here. Had pro fit 2 previously no issues. I watch before that. 

0 Likes
Mtindle
First Poster
Options

I get rashes like that from the metal buckle. I have a nickel allergy. It is always itchy, red bumps.

0 Likes
Mtindle
First Poster
Options
I've got the same red spot like this.
0 Likes