Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 46mm heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking not working.

(Topic created on: 28-09-2018 03:38 PM)
siddharth
Student
Options

Galaxy watch 46mm heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking not working.

76 REPLIES 76
pgee
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here. After one night a good reading (REM and deep sleep), the following night the heartrate was inconsistent and the third night it even was a flat line. Even resetting the watch did not help. Sent the watch back and got a new one.

The first night the sleep tracking was fine, consistent heartrate with REM sleep and deep sleep. Today, the second night it measured the heartrate all night! But sleeptracking says there is no consistent heartrate for the sleeptracking??  Ones more looked at the heartrate and saw there were two times missing from the 10 min reading between 5 and 7.

I will keep trying. It's an expensive watch, 320 euro's, it should work, if it keeps these problems the watch is going back. 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
pgee
Journeyman
Options
Hi Gary, it is on. It only works if you have heartrate continues on. Could you measure your sleep for several nights with consistent heartrate?
0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

- Yes, or should that be it only works correctly with continous HR on, still works every 20 minutes but the data is worthless in my mind. Enabling HR all day however for me doesnt report on deep sleep, wehereas every 10 minutes HR does.

See below:

HR every 10 minutes:

Sleep with auto HR on:

And another:

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

- Yes, or should that be it only works correctly with continous HR on, still works every 20 minutes but the data is worthless in my mind. Enabling HR all day however for me doesnt report on deep sleep, wehereas every 10 minutes HR does.

See below:

HR every 10 minutes:

Sleep with auto HR on:

And another:

Gary - what you are seeing when you have it set to every ten minutes though is not sleep data, its movement data ie. restless, light and motionless which is slightly different. When set to continuous monitoring thats when the sleep data kicks in (HRV tracking), you are then supposed to get the four stages, awake, light, REM and deep. I never get deep or sometimes about five minutes as soon as I go to sleep and hardly any REM. Most of the sleep data is just light. Useless at the moment so I've gone back to wearing my S3 at night which only gives you the movement stages anyway. No point wearing a brand new watch in bed if it doesn't record anyway!

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

All I will say though, is if our watches are showing huge chunks of "motionless" then that obviously should equate to "deep" sleep should it not??!!

0 Likes
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

So after using the watch for a couple of weeks with the heart rate setting to "Always On", it appears that sometimes it just stops reading my heart rate for a while for no apparent reason. Earlier I took a look at the heart rate page and it said last reading was 5 hours ago. Admittedly it was on charge for the first 3 of those hours but I would have thought once I put it on it would have started picking up my heart rate again.

In the end I had to just restart the watch, but it's kinda annoying to have to keep doing that. Especially as when I turn my watch off then on again, it changes my WiFi settings (yeah, really - I want it on Auto but if I restart it it randomly switches to a different setting). One quick way to kick the watch back into reading my heart rate once it's inexplicably stopped is to set it back to "Frequent", perform a manual check by hitting "measure" then setting it back to always on. It usually kicks back in after a few minutes.

Anyway.. the watch is kinda buggy and this needs to be fixed. I imagine it's almost certainly a software issue I just hope Samsung fix it.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

- Totally agree, the HR & calories burnt (side affect of HR maybe) is whats pushing me to return it for a refund, Ive got 7 days left apparently.

It really is completely random, especially on workouts, some days it works, most days it doesnt and I dont think its hardware as it works fine when using Under Armour.

I've tried everything possible, tightening strap, loosening strap, up my arm, down my arm hands in pocket, hands out of pocket, reset watch, cleaned watch, walk, run, swim, sleep, cycle, xtrain, yoga, pilates the lot. Nothing works except Under Armour which eats the battery, its a shocker really.

I got it with a £50 voucher, so no doubt I will return it next week, they will fix it the week after and Ill buy it back for full price :smiling-face:

m4tthall
Explorer
Options

Bought mine today, noticed the heart rate freezing occasionally even though always on. Does anyone know if this is a hardware or software issue? 

0 Likes
Bostjanlaba
First Poster
Options

Same here.

New galaxy watch, hr sensor (led also) stops working every day. Turning watch off and on helps but it's very annoying to keep checking if it works and resetting it all the time. I think it's a software problem.

Samsung, fix it, I bought two watches or I'm sending this back. #angry

0 Likes